Hi-Power

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
yet another hi-power has made its way to my safe. I have a long love affair with JMBs last auto loader ( I know saivant finished the design). Its an early mk3, 9mm. It does have the cast frame, which is ok because I have others with the forged frame. Cast frames came to be when the early models in 40 S&W were causing issues in the higher pressure round.
Its clean and was all oem, I don't think it was fired much.

Anyhow, after inspection, it was treated to a complete detail strip, cleaning and total spring change courtesy of BHSS. I had the C&S no bite commander hammer and EGW hard sear on hand. Also removed the dang magazine safety, Initially the trigger pull was the worst I'd ever experience on the hi-power. But now? Smooth and lighter. I also install the 2 coil trigger spring, which makes trigger pull heavier than it could be. but provides a firm and audible reset.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 20210826_091924.jpg
    20210826_091924.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210826_091937.jpg
    20210826_091937.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I've changed many hi power mainsprings, a thankless job indeed, with a modified fork. I ordered and used the BHSS mainspring tool and , wow, what a difference. Once the hammer was removed from the frame, I changed 3 mainsprings in around 20 minutes. It could've been much faster, but I kept thinking the trigger would pivot forward. It did not. Its a fantastic tool for the job!!

Next and soon tool to be ordered from BHSS will be the firing pin stop removal / installation tool. If you've never done a firing pin spring change on the hi-power, its not impossible, especially if one can get 3 hands and 2 punches in the correct position. Maybe not impossible, I've done many, but as Dad often said "work smarter not harder".

Just thought I'd share. And a post without pics is worthless, so, a 1988 mk2 I have pics of

Attachments

• 20210824_064022.jpg
    20210824_064022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

Latest posts