Hi from the Midwest

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I am a long time lover of the M1911 pistol (I got my first one over 40 years ago - it was a Government Issue 1911A1 made by Ithaca during WW2). I am looking forward to learning a lot from you guys!
Welcome from West Michigan. Nice to have you here, we hope you enjoy it. Your Ithaca 1911 sounds great! Any Pics?

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from Texas. I have a similar experience, although with a Remington Rand over 60 years ago.
I had a Remington Rand years ago. It was supposedly an Air Force shooting team gun. I sent it to my smith and he replaced the over throated barrel, the way too tight bushing rounded the corners on the target rear sight and redid the not safe trigger job. My friend has had it for years now, and it still shoots the lights out! The smith said he could tell by how the sear was cut that it was a military match gun. Man that had the tightest slide to frame fit I've ever had, and it still ran/runs reliably. Rough as a cobb looks wise, but shoots like a dream.

Kree

Fanatic
Welcome, i also have had a long relationship with the 1911, as a boy, I was aware that my dad had brought a 45 back from WWII, I would sneak peaks as he had it wrapped in a sock for over 70 years. It's somewhat rare US Switch & Signal version that was made for the government totaling about 50,000 units. I think it's in pretty good shape. Sadly, it's mine now, but I keep her warm and dry and put my others through their paces. A Kimber Ultra Raptor II, a S&W Series E 1911, and an Ed Brown EVO KC VTXC0D246DC-7C01-4F56-9774-3949987BD53F.jpeg

Latest posts