HI from FL Panhandle

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Been a Fanatics fan for a while, watching the back and forth and learning quite a lot by just reading your posts. Decided I wanted to participate and not just spectate. Retired military and moved on to military contractor position. Originally from Texas and settled in the FL panhandle. Hope today finds you warm and healthy. Grew up around 1911's and rebelled (like we tend to do) against the Old Mens' guns...until I became one, and full circle back after my fill of "doesn't quite feel right in my hand"...glad to have lived long enough to come back home again.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Welcome! Been spending a lot of time in central florida but I hear the panhandle has prettier water! Welcome to the family!

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Been a Fanatics fan for a while, watching the back and forth and learning quite a lot by just reading your posts. Decided I wanted to participate and not just spectate. Retired military and moved on to military contractor position. Originally from Texas and settled in the FL panhandle. Hope today finds you warm and healthy. Grew up around 1911's and rebelled (like we tend to do) against the Old Mens' guns...until I became one, and full circle back after my fill of "doesn't quite feel right in my hand"...glad to have lived long enough to come back home again.
Welcome back home again, we are almost all, old men here with Xceptional tastes in Pistols. :cool:
You know what they say ?? Old 1911s just get righter as time goes by, they find a place in your heart & just burrow in.

My Old gal Betsy is smoooth as silk & never fails to fire or eject, she's just broke in some would say LOL

My Betsy, ;) 1917 US Army .45acp Colt 1911 Pistol.

IMG_20201005_133856513.jpg

:cool:

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome aboard from the FL Panhandle or as we say LA (lower Alabama)...we having many 1911 nuts in this area...& some nuts that are not interested in 1911's.

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you all for your greetings! Yes, Pensacola beaches are sugar white, but the water near Destin/FT Walton along with their beach sand does make it a prime example of best place to retire...till Hurricane season, but we all have our crosses to bear.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you all for your greetings! Yes, Pensacola beaches are sugar white, but the water near Destin/FT Walton along with their beach sand does make it a prime example of best place to retire...till Hurricane season, but we all have our crosses to bear.
You in P,cola or Destin??? What branch did you serve in??? We have a Marine luncheon once a month here in the P,cola area.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from Montana, the beaches aren't white. But the mountains certainly are

Attachments

• 20210224_085946 (1).jpg
    20210224_085946 (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
You in P,cola or Destin??? What branch did you serve in??? We have a Marine luncheon once a month here in the P,cola area.
Pierre, I live in Perdido Key...Navy was my service of choice for 21 years. The company I work for runs contracts on military bases...and I spend time between NAS Pensacola and Eglin Air Force Base (EOD) and my wife and I seem to gravitate to spending our free time in Destin more often than not...so my personal bias is the area near Eglin. Still love PK, but man say what you will about Spring break crowds and traffic...the eye candy is amazing (as long as I wear wrap around sun glasses when walking with my lady).

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from PA. No beaches but I could send you some snow if you like.
Taz, I think the snow is making its way further south each year, but happy to share sunshine with ya'll in PA.
Welcome from Montana, the beaches aren't white. But the mountains certainly are
Switchback, Montana and Wyoming are starting to sound like the place to move (I know you probably would not welcome an exodus to your state from the West coast states) and hope you all stay true to your frontier spirit.
Another welcome from Missouri
Thank You for the welcome Mike!

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome! Been spending a lot of time in central florida but I hear the panhandle has prettier water! Welcome to the family!
Blackbeard, nothing wrong with central Florida, but be ready to really enjoy the Panhandle and its views. Fishing ain't to shabby either. Thank you for the welcome.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
PanHandler Fl, nope you're welcome here! Just bring a very conservative view, tho unfortunately not all agree with me on this. Its a very conservative state (all red) except for the larger (for montana) cities in the west, where I live. It has turned blue and the liberals abound. They are about to send me over the divide to eastern montana, or western dakota depending on your view of the old joke

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Pierre, I live in Perdido Key...Navy was my service of choice for 21 years. The company I work for runs contracts on military bases...and I spend time between NAS Pensacola and Eglin Air Force Base (EOD) and my wife and I seem to gravitate to spending our free time in Destin more often than not...so my personal bias is the area near Eglin. Still love PK, but man say what you will about Spring break crowds and traffic...the eye candy is amazing (as long as I wear wrap around sun glasses when walking with my lady).
Hey I'm over in Gulfy Breezey area when they fix the bridge try Fort Pickens...great beaches closer to home & not crowed...as you can tell my parents weren't married so I joined the Corps...only a true squid will understand. Spent most of my time onboard ships. Only way to live...still have salt water in my veins.