Hi everyone

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
6710E9A0-D967-4482-BA4D-BFA286DB88F4.jpeg
From nw Ohio
Man that sucks, do you have a roster to buy from like Cali or just limited to low capacity? Not real versed on NY gun laws.
What kind of price range are you trying to stick to? Don't want to recommend a Rock Island if you've got a $3500 budget and vice versa, don't want to suggest a Nighthawk if your wanting to spend no more than $750. More info is always helpful when requesting guidance.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello and welcome to Fanatics.

I have a Dan Wesson Vigil Cmdr in 9mm. And after a bit of tuning can recommend it. Sorta difficult to find but not impossible. Good luck. around msrp, sadly, these are strange times we live in

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from NW Florida. And yep...budget is going to be the number 1 question needed by the great folks hanging around this site for an informed reply. They own fine, fine examples of the breed, and some have even dabbled in the dark arts of 1911 in 9mm.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from NW Florida. And yep...budget is going to be the number 1 question needed by the great folks hanging around this site for an informed reply. They own fine, fine examples of the breed, and some have even dabbled in the dark arts of 1911 in 9mm.
I've got Rock Island government size plus Ed Brown, Guncrafter, Wilson and Nighthawk (all 4.25") and had Ruger, Dan Wesson and Colt (all 5") 1911s in 9mm
All have been great with no issues out of as my do In theory I can recommend all of these brands.
My favorites are the EB, Guncrafter and my very favoritest is my Nighthawk!

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Bubbax1

Fanatic
View attachment 8902
From nw Ohio
Man that sucks, do you have a roster to buy from like Cali or just limited to low capacity? Not real versed on NY gun laws.
What kind of price range are you trying to stick to? Don't want to recommend a Rock Island if you've got a $3500 budget and vice versa, don't want to suggest a Nighthawk if your wanting to spend no more than $750. More info is always helpful when requesting guidance.
thanks for the reply. NY is 10 round mag or less. Looking at $1000-1500. Can go higher but don't know if it's worth it. Prefer made in USA

Bubbax1

Fanatic
Hello and welcome to Fanatics.

I have a Dan Wesson Vigil Cmdr in 9mm. And after a bit of tuning can recommend it. Sorta difficult to find but not impossible. Good luck. around msrp, sadly, these are strange times we live in
thanks, I'll check that one out

Bubbax1

Fanatic
I've got Rock Island government size plus Ed Brown, Guncrafter, Wilson and Nighthawk (all 4.25") and had Ruger, Dan Wesson and Colt (all 5") 1911s in 9mm
All have been great with no issues out of as my do In theory I can recommend all of these brands.
My favorites are the EB, Guncrafter and my very favoritest is my Nighthawk!
I'll probably go higher with the Ed Brown. thanks, and I might go higher and look around at the Nighthawk since everyone here mentions them

Ohrings

Fanatic
Take a look at a few models of Kimber 1911. I have 3 1911's, my first is a Colt Gold Cup I bought in 1970, just after coming back from Vietnam. I have put over 60,000 rounds through it. I have had it tuned to my specs and it has a new barrel conceding the number of rounds. I did pick up a Kimber Target II full size and also had it tuned to my specs. I currently shoot the Kimber at steel challenge and IDPA. My other is a Springfield Range Officer in 9mm. The Kimber is also available in 9mm. My first choice would be the Kimber for around $1000.

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome-
I'm also from the communist state of New York-
Praying to get out soon- with 9 grandchildren here it's a tough sell for my wife-
I'm wearing here down, I think I have her convinced that the Carolina's are not that far-
As far as the handgun goes take a look at the Springfield. Reasonably priced and very reliable.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome-
I'm also from the communist state of New York-
Praying to get out soon- with 9 grandchildren here it's a tough sell for my wife-
I'm wearing here down, I think I have her convinced that the Carolina's are not that far-
As far as the handgun goes take a look at the Springfield. Reasonably priced and very reliable.

North Carolina needs Patriot's like you, so Come on down.

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
North Carolina needs Patriot's like you, so Come on down.
Thanks I'm am so ready- while I'm still here I'm not wasting my time, I'm always busy with my grandchildren making sure they don't turn into liberals. My one granddaughter who lives with me since birth is now 13 and she actually knows what a 1911 is . She belongs to a junior rifle and pistol club, she's been shooting a bow since she's 5 and actually loves traditional bows- she rides horses, knows how to cook and use tools . Now it time for me to get her as far away from New York as I can.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from SC, my choice would be Kimber, less than 1000, Springfield also good, Kimber had some problems in the past with extractors but worked that out, my first 1911 a Custom 2, shot lots of matches with it but switched to 9mm and use Desert Eagle made by Bul Armory, my backup is a Bul, not American but made in Israel, allies to the US, these 750-850, came across Desrt Eagle by accident, just visiting my LGS and saw it, great trigger and bought it, came with fixed blade knife that had 1911 grips on it, it's been fantastic

Latest posts