HELP

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Having trouble gettin my car stereo put in, I have a 2002 camry and my stock CD player took a dump so I got a run of the mill JVC to put in, now Im having problems...Anyone good at this stuff?

MISph1t

Well-Known Fanatic
I've installed a few in my day. What kinda trouble are you having?

ETA: Most times it's best to buy an adapter to fit your car's wiring plug. I think WalMart sometimes has them for some of the more popular vehicles.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
I got the right adapter, but my radio was like an upgrade option, its the JBL package, so I have to use 2-1 RCA splitters to get my speakers to work and I tried it earlier and the sound doesnt seem to work...

MISph1t

Well-Known Fanatic
From what I've found on the interwebs you need something like this: Toyota wiring harness for JBL Seems you have an amplifier.

I did read a couple of places where there may be an additional connection where you can bypass it using the standard harness. Here is one such place: Crutchfield forums

There may better places to get the harness and info. This is just one place I found. I have purchased from Crutchfield in the past (long time ago) and found them helpful and a good company to deal with.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts