Hello from the Minnesota tundra

oldfederale

New Fanatic
Hello to all members and thanks for the welcome Blackbeard. I've been shooting and collecting 1911's since 1968. Mostly Colts because that's what I started out with back when Colt was the only one available other than some military manufacturers. Over the years I've added some S&W, Sig, Ruger and Taurus. My 1911's are all .45 caliber and although I do like 9mm all my 9's are tupperware. I'm glad to be a new member here and I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Colt, absolutely. Welcome and I imagine theres a thing or two you can show us as well.

AZ Husker

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome! My daughter lives in Forest Lake. I spent the summer last year, Great three days!

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the site & greetings fron S.E. Mi... N of the Motor City.

I waited many years before I got a 1911 in a caliber other than 45..despite having a few in that caliber.

1st was a Delta Elite..(10mm) , and yrs. later ,finally a 1911 in 9mm. Have 'em in Govt. & Cmdr. sized & was sorry I waited so long to get a 9mm.
I shoot my 9mm Springfield Loaded Target (modified) more than my other 1911's now.

oldfederale

New Fanatic
Welcome to the site & greetings fron S.E. Mi... N of the Motor City.

I waited many years before I got a 1911 in a caliber other than 45..despite having a few in that caliber.

1st was a Delta Elite..(10mm) , and yrs. later ,finally a 1911 in 9mm. Have 'em in Govt. & Cmdr. sized & was sorry I waited so long to get a 9mm.
I shoot my 9mm Springfield Loaded Target (modified) more than my other 1911's now.
I had a 9mm Colt Comdr many years ago. For some reason (no fault of the gun) I just couldn't shoot it as well as the 45's.Back then I shot in a bullseye league and occasionally they would have a period set aside after the match to shoot whatever you brought so I used to bring the cmdr. We shot indoors at 50ft. In those days of old my eyes were sharp, my grip steady and my concentration good. My slow fire groups with the 45 were one ragged hole. My rapid fire opened up but all were in or touching the black. With the 9 the groups were 2 to 3 times as large. Of course the 45 was govt length,all steel and match bbl with much better sights so that obviously accounted for a lot. I kind of wish I had kept the cmdr for my collection but a buddy of mine wanted it more than I did so we swapped. He got the Colt and I got an S&W model 39 which strangely enough I actually shot a little better than the Colt. Who knew?

Latest posts