Hello From Pennsylvania

Rifleman1001

Fanatic
Hello from Pennsylvania. I have been a member for three years now and this is my first post. I tend to be more of a listener than a talker but I now have something to say. My first 1911 was bought about 45 years ago and I haven't stopped. USN Veteran - Corpsman 1969-1973. NRA life member, GOA Member, Range Safety Officer, Rifle, Pistol, And Shotgun Instructor. Retired after 50 years in Health Care.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Western NC
We talk about a little of everything here.

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Doc! You're definitely welcome to any gathering, glad you decided to speak up here. Congrats on your retirement, and not to put you back to "work" but maybe you could start a thread on Range First Aid...after witnessing the hysterics and whining from a younger man who got "bit" by his 1911s' hammer (twice lol). I can be unforgiving...I told him it would take two sutures and had a sewing kit in my range bag and could do it on the spot...skip a beat and he got an antiseptic wipe and a band-aid. What do YOU recommend as the basics in a range bag first aid kit (you really don't have to answer this, but sometimes people come up with some brilliant life hacks I've never heard but love to use)...my wife still reminds me of the time over a decade ago I took all her tampons on deployment and shared them with my guys as emergency bullet hole plugs...good times, good times! Still carry some in all my aid bags. Oops, Welcome from NW Florida!

Rifleman1001

Fanatic
First of all I would like to thank everyone for their warm welcome and look forward to many meaningful conversations. I have made up a few IFAK kits that I keep in my cars, my range bag, and also one at home that consist of a CAT tourniquet, double chest seals, large Israeli bandage, plain 4x4's, 4x4's with a blood clotting agent such as Quick Clot, a small pair of bandage scissors, and a pair of rubber gloves. I keep a small simple First Aid kit with nothing more than a few Band-Aids, Betadine Antiseptic swabs, one pack of plain 4x4's, and a 3" Kling bandage. If I was heading out into the wild I would probably pack more but I figure Your tampon fix has been around for a long time and is still one of the best. If I were heading out to the wild I probably would pack a few more items but generally where ever I shoot 911 is available as well as trained emergency personal within a few minutes so my concern would be both ends of the spectrum. Rendering immediate life saving care or simple cuts and bruises first aid, not much in between.

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from Eastern PA, Abington to be exact (just outside of Philadelphia). And to repeat, Thank you for your Service.

krglorioso

Well-Known Fanatic
Doc; As Sean Hannity likes to say to his callers, "You are a great American". This from a Marine and you know how superior we can (deservedly) be!!
Ralph

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello from Pennsylvania. I have been a member for three years now and this is my first post. I tend to be more of a listener than a talker but I now have something to say. My first 1911 was bought about 45 years ago and I haven't stopped. USN Veteran - Corpsman 1969-1973. NRA life member, GOA Member, Range Safety Officer, Rifle, Pistol, And Shotgun Instructor. Retired after 50 years in Health Care.
What part of Pa. are you from? Viet Nam vet. Was a Glock man for years. Got first 1911 couple years ago and have been collecting them since. Have three Nighthawks and a Thunder ranch soon to be delivered. My favorite carry is officers Kestrel 45. Great looking, accurate, smooth, and comfortable carry. Good luck!

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
I live in Abington, about 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia. I own only 1 Glock, and most of my handguns are 1911s. At this point in time, I own 8 Nighthawks w/ my 9th model ordered 2 weeks ago and due around Xmas. I own a Thunder Ranch and I think you'll LOVE that gun. Highly accurate, feels great in your hands, and the new finish is much better looking in person than in the pictures. I also own a Kestrel, and you're right, it's a great gun, but a little too nice to carry :) My EDC is a 45ACP commander Les Baer.

For those not familiar w/ the Thunder Ranch, here's the Thunder Ranch, good luck w/ yours, I think you'll be very happy.

NHC Thunder Ranch.png

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the site.. & greetings from S.E. Mi.. from another USN vet,
(also an Hm2, ..by discharge date ) 1972-76 , then USN-R till '78..
Thought of going back in as a "O" after finished school in '81 but got married, bought my new Shovelhead, & was having too much fun

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from Lower Bucks Pa. Also a Big Welcome Home Brother. I always by a Doc a beer owe my being here to a doc and a dust off crew. Thank You

Rifleman1001

Fanatic
Thanks again for all of the warm welcomes. I have been trying for some time now to change my username for obvious reasons before I reply to questions. I consider myself somewhat challenged when it comes to computers. I have tried several times to contact customer service but have so far been unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts