Hello from Illinois

Unleaded

Fanatic
Glad to be here. At 53, and a recent empty-nester, I've finally started using my money where it belongs: More firearms. :) I'm not new to the 1911, but I am new to being a fanatic. Currently, I have a DW Vbob duty coat that I carry, and a Sig reverse two-tone (which is actually not a REVERSE two-tone, Sig's nomenclature being what it is...). I have an ACW Prime on order (only option being a gold bead front sight). Can't wait, but it will be late Spring. Also excited to be signed up for my first Gunsite 250, which is also the Jeff Cooper commemorative class, so only 1911s and leather holsters. Looking forward to continue lurking here for all the info I've already gleaned.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome to the forum.
western henry fonda GIF

Unleaded

Fanatic
Thanks gents! I really didn't intend to do it, but I'm slowly becoming a "one-platform" shooter in favor of the 1911. I've been on a bit of a purge for the last year with my pistol collection. I still own two DA/SA CZs that hold sentimental value, but my summer carry is a Sig P938 - not truly a 1911, for sure, but definitely 1911-based. I've sold most of my other long-barreled handguns, and my wishlist is somehow now entirely on the 1911 side of things. Having owned and/or shot at least one example from nearly every corner of the pistol world over the years, I just can't get around the fact that I like steel guns with a safety. I'm also attracted to the history of the 1911. When I think of "handgun", the 1911 is it. I certainly have nothing against the others - my sons are both Glock fanatics, and can both outshoot me any day of the week with their 19s. I guess that's one plus of getting older - you've learned what you like.

Unleaded

Fanatic
Welcome from Louisiana!

I am jealous about the Gunsite class. Enjoy it!
Thanks Fred - Gunsite has been a longtime bucket-list event for me. A friend of mine - our former local sheriff - retired and became an instructor at Gunsite, and he really helped push me to just bite the bullet and do it this year.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Glad to be here. At 53, and a recent empty-nester, I've finally started using my money where it belongs: More firearms. :) I'm not new to the 1911, but I am new to being a fanatic. Currently, I have a DW Vbob duty coat that I carry, and a Sig reverse two-tone (which is actually not a REVERSE two-tone, Sig's nomenclature being what it is...). I have an ACW Prime on order (only option being a gold bead front sight). Can't wait, but it will be late Spring. Also excited to be signed up for my first Gunsite 250, which is also the Jeff Cooper commemorative class, so only 1911s and leather holsters. Looking forward to continue lurking here for all the info I've already gleaned.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to you, sorry this is late, I'm having trouble with notifications showing up on my phone. It sounds like you'll fit right in here. It's a great group!

Latest posts