Hello Fanatics

Greg S

New Fanatic
Thanks for the add to the group. I saw the link from Facebook and was happy to see another location for honest information about my favorite handgun without worry of the liberal media police. As said I am a huge 1911 fan and carry a Springfield two tone loaded model everyday. I do have several but appreciate all of the accurate information available from the knowledgeable people in the group. Although I am not one of those people who spends hours and hours online but am very happy to have another place for conversation and information available. Thanks again for having me!

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Welcome to the group! We set this up for an escape in case Facebook ever canceled out group. Not to mention we can sell our pieces here on occasion without fear of crap happening either.

Pappy

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from S.W.Missouri
I hope you have better luck with your springfield than I did! the reason I have my 1911 is because S.A. pissed me off by lying to me and keeping my xds .45 twice as long as they said they would during a recall. when it came back from springfield armory, I never even opened up the box ! I quickly sold the xds and got my 1st. 1911, a perfectly running and flawless Para USA Elite Officer, My EDC CCW for 5 years now.
only thing I have changed is the Extractor, with a Wilson Combat extractor, and recently removed the wood grips for crimson trace laser grips.
Most people seem to like S.A. but I can't get past how I was treated, and never want to deal with them again.
if you like it and it's reliable, then that's all that matters ! I never tell anyone this gun or that gun is the best, we are all different and have different needs, environments, and preferences. the perfect gun is the one you like best, can shoot accurately with, and has everything you are looking for in a weapon.
if I had the money, I would get a Wilson Combat, since they are in my backyard and I've been there enough times to know the people and how good they are.
but will probably never get to own one. it is awfully handy to be able to get parts from a great place so close to me ( i mostly buy AR parts from them, my 1911 has only needed the one since my original EGW HD extractor broke within 3 weeks of owning my 1911 and after the S.A. experience, I was not ready to send my new para back and not see it for a month or more, so I fixed it myself, the same day it broke, even made my own extractor bending tool ( from an old brass church door handle from my church )
Most I have told this too are surprised by my experience, they have all had good customer service from S.A....But I had almost 5 months of aggravation with them and that did it for me. it was my only pistol and I had nothing for ccw for almost 5 months.
glad you are here, I just joined today too.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Thanks for the add to the group. I saw the link from Facebook and was happy to see another location for honest information about my favorite handgun without worry of the liberal media police. As said I am a huge 1911 fan and carry a Springfield two tone loaded model everyday. I do have several but appreciate all of the accurate information available from the knowledgeable people in the group. Although I am not one of those people who spends hours and hours online but am very happy to have another place for conversation and information available. Thanks again for having me!
Welcome from northern Indiana. Enjoy