Happy to be here!

Riv1911

Fanatic
Just wanted to say thank you to the community for this great forum. I'm a retired LEO, from Chicago with over Thirty years of Honorable Experience! Started my career with a Colt Python on my hip, and a Colt 1911 Commander, 9mm as my trusty backup! Happy to say still shooting both. Hoping to find some knowledgeable information on Services to spruce up both of my Treasures and for sure learn a thing or two. Once again Thank You in advance.........Raul Rivera.

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome aboard Riv. How'd you manage to have a Python on your hip when you started? I'm betting that the Chicago PD didn't buy it for you. I just wish that I still had the one I owned briefly back in 1967-68. Depending on what you're looking for to "spruce up those handguns, there are several very good gunsmiths that are well known by members here. If you describe what you're after, I'll bet you'll get several suggestions. Good luck and keep on shooting those classics.

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
Quick follow-up. If you'd like your guns to be restored to their original appearance,I'd recommend turnbullrestorations.com. Someone else may (probably will) do it for less, but Turnbull is a master at matching original finishes on firearms.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from Kansas.
My only law enforcement experience was as an MP in Germany; traffic accident investigator and patrol supervisor (SGT/E5).

Glad to have you here!!

11B6CBC9-BB7E-4125-ABBA-DA3C4CA65B93.jpeg

Riv1911

Fanatic
Welcome aboard Riv. How'd you manage to have a Python on your hip when you started? I'm betting that the Chicago PD didn't buy it for you. I just wish that I still had the one I owned briefly back in 1967-68. Depending on what you're looking for to "spruce up those handguns, there are several very good gunsmiths that are well known by members here. If you describe what you're after, I'll bet you'll get several suggestions. Good luck and keep on shooting those classics.
Morning Old Gunner, I was very fortunate in my late teens, early 70's, to hook up with a Vietnam Veteran, who was a Tunnel Rat in Nam. He was an expert in with the Colt 45 and an extremely patient guy who taught me the fundamentals of proper gun control, maintenance, and reloading. On his recommendation, I saved my money and bought the Python first. Then worked even harder and bought the Commander. So when I was hired into the finest Police Department in the Country, I was an instant hit with the Instructors who knew of these fine handguns. Today 40 yrs later, I'm happy to say that I still use both guns to annually qualify for my CC. Thank You.....Raul

Riv1911

Fanatic
Quick follow-up. If you'd like your guns to be restored to their original appearance,I'd recommend turnbullrestorations.com. Someone else may (probably will) do it for less, but Turnbull is a master at matching original finishes on firearms.
Also thank you for the info on Turnbull Restorations, I have heard of them. My problem is that I'm a little attached to my toys, have been at my side for so long that I find it hard to send away to be worked on.

Riv1911

Fanatic
Welcome from Kansas.
My only law enforcement experience was as an MP in Germany; traffic accident investigator and patrol supervisor (SGT/E5).

Glad to have you here!!

View attachment 696
Good Morning KS95B40! Thank You for your service! Once a LEO, always a LEO!!! It's in the blood, nothing can change that. Thank you....Raul.