Happy Birthday to me

Petet D

Fanatic
March 2 I turn 52. I'll finally be playing with a full deck. ;) Since I don't even have Miss "Right Now" I buy my own presents.
Meet Freya. SA 9mm 1911. She and 1000 rounds joined my clan today. I sent 27 rounds down range to "test" and plan on putting it through it's paces tomorrow.

IMG_5708.jpgIMG_5714.jpg

A Family pic.
Asguard family.jpg

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Infinity War Yes GIF by MOODMAN
It
It's your Birthday,;) so YESSS just do it!

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Happy Belated Birthday!
I had only 45 cal 1911's for about 40 yrs.. bought a RIA GI model 1911 in 9mm 'cause it cost less for the entire gun than I'd spend on parts
to convert one of my 45 Cal Colt 1911's to 9mm. Spent about what I paid for the RIA GI model modifying it, as at that time,
the only 1911 9mm RIA sold was the GI model. Springfield came out with a 9mm, SS , Loaded Target model, which were almost impossible to find, when released.
Found a nice used (like new) S/A Loaded Target 9mm on GB & bought it. Had my gunsmith checker the front strap & a few more things, it became my favorite pistol. Liked shooting it so much, my 45's gathered dust. Decided ti try a CMDR size in 9mm, bought a Metro Arms American Classic, many nice features, compared to the RIA GI model. Found a barrel defect in the Am. Classic & discovered their warranty was a joke, at least @ the time. Hope it's improved since. Had my gunsmith fit a new barrel, sourced from Midway. Found a Dan Wesson Guardian, thought it was exactly what I wanted. Turns out it wasn't.
Learned that I don't like aluminum frames on 1911's. Sold it, bought a Bul Armory 9mm Cmdr. It was what I wanted the Dan Wesson to be..

All this to say that when you shoot your new 9mm 1911, & find yourself loving it, Try a Cmdr. size, next.
I offer a strong recommendation for the Bul Armory model, one of the very few 1911's I've owned & has needed NO mods .

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Happy birthday! Generally I'm not into naming pistols, especially since I sold a buddy of mine one of my Kimbers and he named it Kimmy ‍♂️♂️But I like what you did with yours, well named sir!

Latest posts