Had our first ICORE match last Sunday

potentpoefie

Fanatic
So after getting the logistics together of starting the first ICORE club in South Africa we had our first match.

Attendance was less than stellar considering the amount of hype and calls I received the two weeks leading up to the match. Oh well it's a starting point.

We had a good mix of everything. High round count stages, limited it to 24 rounds (although thanks to a plate rack I almost ran out and finished with my last 30th round I had on me) since most guys don't have all the gear yet, swingers, gravity turners, steel and two classifiers (Run Billy, Run Bill, Run William and How Fast Are You?).

Was actually much more fun then even I thought it would be. Shooting bigger (well bigger than IDPA and much more movement) stages with a revolver is loads of fun. I think the fact that I could finally run my S&W 625 in competition, since it's too long to be IDPA legal, was the most fun of all. Considering I am too lazy to have two loads setup; one for IDPA (165pf) and one for ICORE (120pf) I must say the extra recoil didn't set me back that much compared to the competition. That being said and not disrespecting them maybe we all just suck. Hence I would love to know how we stack up.

Which bring me to my quesiton: Is there a place where one can lookup the standard times for classifier stages? I know I still have to submit the scores and I need 4 unique classifiers to get a ranking but in the meantime I wouldn't mind seeing how I did for those two stages.

Something like what 3GN does for their classifiers. So you can immediately have an idea if you are close to the standard time or if you are all the way down the list.

Anyway time to get my Speed-E-Rack and a new CR Speed WSM II Revolver holster. Got to look the part.

potentpoefie

Fanatic
Since we are only starting out we are doing one every second month. However if there is a need to do more we'll do more. We are there to serve the members.

Next date is scheduled for 3rd of April.

AzShooter

New Fanatic
Congratulations. You will find ICORE addicting. I was one of the first members and am still enjoying it. Stages sure have improved since the start.

I don't know of any place were you can get the times for classifiers. Best way is to look at the International Mail In Match and see how others are doing.

Go to ICORE.ORG and you can look up most information about the organization including match schedules and most important the rules. Rule book is very simple. Main importance is to compete but have fun doing it. The Classification System really helps so that people can enjoy on their own level.

We have two clubs here in Arizona. One hosts about 45 shooters each month. The second club brings in about 30, so there is lots of competition. It's especially fun to watch a new person and see how they improve over time.

Work on getting as many A's as possible. Time is important but remember it's a second off for each B zone so a slow A beats a fast C.

Have fun and keep it up.

Steven Bressan
AZ45.

potentpoefie

Fanatic
Hi AZ

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not been on this forum for a long time. Sad really. Life got in the way. Between all kinds of matches somehow life got away from me.

Thanks for the info AZShooter.

So we've now had our first year as an ICORE club. Membership has grown slowly but the last two matches had a good turn out. We had a match every 2nd month this year but in 2017 we'll be hosting a match each month. We normally run 1 or 2 classifiers and 3 - 4 freestyle stages. Accuracy is definitely important in ICORE with the scoring but I figured out through the middle of the year that sometimes you just need to let the wheels come off and run and gun that sucker. Shot a stage and then after the match we decided to shoot the stage again for video. You know make it look good. First time I shot the stage I shot it in about 45 seconds with mostly A's and a couple of B's. Second time when it was all for the video I shot the stage in 27 seconds and guess what? The scores were better. LOL! Sometimes the fear of a miss and trying to get the perfect score is a crippling disability. Just let it fly and have fun.

I've had a blast shooting all the revolvers that were not IDPA legal this year. First and foremost my S&W 625 model of 1989. 5" barrel so no good for IDPA. Man I love that revolver. However I moved over to another favorite of mine the S&W 627 and I've not looked back. However my S&W 929 arrived in the country just this week. So now it's the time consuming licensing application in South Africa but hoping to have my revolver in my safe by end of February maybe beginning of March.

I'll be using that exclusively for ICORE Limited division and then running it in Revolver division for IPSC. The plan is to use the next two years to get that as fast as possible and then 2020 attend the world shoot. I think I need to go beat some of my revolver heroes. :jester:

Latest posts