Gun Show this weekend, here in Richmond, VA

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
In case anyone is interested, I plan on being one of the first few people in line at the gun show here in town at RIR (Richmond International Raceway), opening up at 9:00am. If anyone wants me to check on anything, scout out anything, give reports, etc.... let me know... PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
In case anyone is interested, I plan on being one of the first few people in line at the gun show here in town at RIR (Richmond International Raceway), opening up at 9:00am. If anyone wants me to check on anything, scout out anything, give reports, etc.... let me know... PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

I'm curious about the ammo selection and availability. We had a show here a couple of weeks ago and there was hardly any ammo. But, it seems like there has been a big improvement in the last couple of weeks.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Butch please take some pics of what is available for sale from dealers mostly.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for your generous offer Butch. A report on what you see ammo and firearm wise and how the prices are would be welcomed.

Seems ammo is gradually becoming available and even some priced not too ridiculous also. I expect a huge rush on ammo when pricing adjusts itself, stocking up for the next plandemic or whatever. After that subsides I will add to my pile. Components mostly, because I like my homegrown

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I saw a box of Winchester 550 rd bulk pack online for $125.00 :rolleyes: looked over under my 2, 300+ round bulk packs & saw my 550 rd pack was Federal 36grb hps.
not Winchester. I paid under $20.00 for the 550 pack & around $11 for the 300+ packs. This is after all .22Lr ammo. Right?

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Ammo was freakin' SKY HIGH, to the point where I walked away thinking to myself, "WTF type of drugs are you all smoking?"

Common, basic, 230gr .45 ACP... 50 round box --- $45 bucks. ($.90 cents a round!!) o_O
Common, basic, 150gr .308 target ammo... 20 round box --- $30 bucks. ($1.50 a round!!) o_O

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Ammo was freakin' SKY HIGH, to the point where I walked away thinking to myself, "WTF type of drugs are you all smoking?"

Common, basic, 230gr .45 ACP... 50 round box --- $45 bucks. ($.90 cents a round!!) o_O
Common, basic, 150gr .308 target ammo... 20 round box --- $30 bucks. ($1.50 a round!!) o_O
WOW O WOW Guns at good prices,& ammo. Dang that's Sky high.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Ammo at my rural king has gotten plentiful enough they took it from behind the counter and put it back on the floor. Most stuff in stock was getting priced better.
Thus us where I picked up some 9mm for $14/50 a couple weeks ago but when it went out on the floor it was $21 :-(
So it might be a while for price to come down after it's stays in stock for more than a couple days.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Thinking back to the gun show yesterday, and seeing the mind boggling prices for ammo, I did some digging around on my laptop and found this....

Gun show 3 years ago this month... July 2018. I picked up a 50 round bag of .45 ACP ammo from Georgia Arms for $16 bucks. Wow... Just, wow.... $16 bucks, and now the vendors at the gun show are asking $45 bucks for a box of 50? o_O

2UdNibZ.jpg

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I hope you still had fun at the show? Gun shows are a great way to pass the day.

Those of us who have been going to gun shows for decades sure have some fantastic stories to tell or grand kids. o_O

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't think of it until today but do any of you see Coonan 7 round 357 mags when out and about?! I would really like to find a few more as I only have 2 and I like to have a minimum of 6 mags for each and every firearm.
I did not buy extra factory mags when I bought the firearm a few years ago because they where $79 each snd I thought that was ridiculous. Boy was I mistaken!!!!!!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I didn't think of it until today but do any of you see Coonan 7 round 357 mags when out and about?! I would really like to find a few more as I only have 2 and I like to have a minimum of 6 mags for each and every firearm.
I did not buy extra factory mags when I bought the firearm a few years ago because they where $79 each snd I thought that was ridiculous. Boy was I mistaken!!!!!!
Those mags are hard to find. I haven't seen any. I'll make it a point to look for some at the next show which will be this coming weekend.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I finally broke down and bought another Coonan 357 mag magazine! Now I have 3 so just another 3 and I'll have my minimum of 6 per firearm:) for every firearm!
Got an ok deal for these days at $189+tax+shipping:-(
Still kick myself for thinking $79 each new from manufacturer when I bought Coonan was too expensive! Ughhhhhh

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Well I finally broke down and bought another Coonan 357 mag magazine! Now I have 3 so just another 3 and I'll have my minimum of 6 per firearm:) for every firearm!
Got an ok deal for these days at $189+tax+shipping:-(
Still kick myself for thinking $79 each new from manufacturer when I bought Coonan was too expensive! Ughhhhhh
Those are some high dollar mags. What's special about them?

Latest posts