Grips

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok so I have this little bundle of joy headed my direction and well it's going to have to have some work since it's a Gen 3 gotta make the grip fit good and I was wondering your thoughts on either stipple or epoxy and silicone carbide for the grip?

What's your thoughts fella's I know the silicone carbide is nasty if you get the course stuff but I didn't plan on going that serious but I'd like to not have the pistol slip but curious about the durability of the epoxy holding the grit and staying on the frame. Later,

Kirk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
wrap it in skateboard tape & call it good.

Or, a better option would be to stipple it.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
One more vote for a stipple job. You won't believe the difference it makes it the grip. I had Accurate Iron do a "mild" job on on my G26 carry gun and the difference was amazing.

Jesse, might chime in with a picture of his G35 that Mike did. It's pretty awesome.

Accurate Iron - Mike Cyrwus

TroyF

TheBearcat
Interesting...

This topic was brought up over on Enos. Over there it is predominately "skate tape". Over here it is stipple.

It almost makes one wonder if equipment preferences are regional?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Interesting...

This topic was brought up over on Enos. Over there it is predominately "skate tape". Over here it is stipple.

It almost makes one wonder if equipment preferences are regional?

Definitely regional especially when you have one of the best stipplers in the country at your local matches. If you don't have a good Smith like Mike Cyrwus handy, skate tape is the shitty easy way.

jtischauser

Jesse, might chime in with a picture of his G35 that Mike did. It's pretty awesome.

Accurate Iron - Mike Cyrwus

G34Production3Gun.png

G17Open.jpg

Glock34-AccurateIronWork.jpg

G35LimitedGun.jpg

jtischauser

On the non production guns I would add a little stipple patch in front of that frame take down lever too. I think it might be a nice reminder to get that support hand at the 45° angle forward for maximum recoil mitigation.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Kirk, I don't think you are talking about a carry gun but here is a picture of another style stippling that Mike does. I call it "sandpaper". I think Jesse and some others have this on their shotgun grips.

It has a nice texture and "sticky-ness"

P3230015.jpg

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea I ask over at Beno's to get a general idea from several folks around and most think skateboard tape, been there done that and not a fan.

Mike did my shotgun and I think it has finally worn down enough it doesn't pull skin off my hand LOL you ain't letting go for sure. Either way I have a little time as there are some more important things I need to purchase first then the stipple will happen either by me or see if I can con Mike into it.

Jesse, next match I see you at do you mind if I check out the stipple on your Glock? kinda torn between that and the dot pattern like the 2011's have. Later,

Kirk

jtischauser

Jesse, next match I see you at do you mind if I check out the stipple on your Glock? kinda torn between that and the dot pattern like the 2011's have. Later,

Kirk

I will be shooting my G35 Saturday. You want to try the G34 during the match? It's sighted in for walmart federals.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I might give it a go after the match prob stick with the Miller special G24 for the match LOL should have my new toy in next week and then it's time to get to work. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts