Greetings for South of Boston

Petet D

Fanatic
Not long after I turned 21 a friend asked me to be his witness for his pistol team targets. I had to certify that he only shot 5 round per target in the allotted 30 mins. In payment for my time, he let me use an old 1943 USGI mix master that he'd used to practice his checkering on. (Seems back in the day GI 1911s were cheap enough for him to consider them expendable.) That was 28 + years ago. The 1911 was not my first "dance", definitely my first "love". I have owned H&K USP 45 and USP compact 45s, Glock 26 and 36s, a Sig P220, S&W revolvers, Colt SAA clones and several other mistresses.

I always come back to the 1911.

I started as GI purist but I've changed with experience. I have even gotten over my loathing of external extractors after seeing the S&W bobtailed E series.

I know enough to share my experience and I know to shut up when the adults are talking.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Welcome to the family!

Hard to forget our first love, for sure! Never stop talking love it! Hope to see you around the community more!

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome aboard. There is however a shortage of real adults (myself especially) on this site. So your contributions are welcome.

Air Commando FE

Fanatic
Welcome from Florida. I started as a 12 yr old helping a family friend cleaning his guns after hunts. Then one day out of the blue, I was 13 or 14 and he handed me a box full of parts and asked me to try and put it together, I did, and it was correct, that was my first taste of the 1911. But my first love was the Python, a Police officer friend of his let me hold it, that was it, 8 years later I purchased a Python, my first gun, my second was a 1911.