Got some new toys coming

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
This is not my usual lineup but I went in for one thing and ended up buying 4 bargain guns.

I bought 2 of these RIA Standard A1 models in 45. Picked them up for $379/each. Cheapest I've ever seen an RIA that wasn't a GI base model. I've been thinking hard about a cheap but reliable 1911's to stock up on. I'd like to have 20 or 30 on hand juuuust in case… This might be it. Ambi safety too.
IMG_3038.jpeg

Also while I was there, they were clearancing out some S&W CSX 9mm range kits. These are the metal frame S&W pistol. Nice, heavy, compact, very low bore axis and 13rds to boot. I bought one for me and the wife as carry guns. Can't wait to try one of these out. I have high hopes. It's a very comfortable compact.

IMG_3037.jpeg

The range kits were $50 cheaper than the gun by itself, $76 cheaper after the extra 5% off. Paid $474/each.
IMG_3039.jpeg

Next on my list is the EAA/Girsan Witness2311. This one is $820 or $830, I forgot but it'll have to wait until next month. I've already spent too much this week. Appears loaded with a 15rd capacity of 10mm.

IMG_3044.png

Last edited:

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice score!
I'm big into the S&W's. Gen 1 and Gen II.
I owned a S&W Enhanced. It was one of the prettiest 1911's I've had but the ramp finish was poorly done and the slide to frame fitment was sloppy. I didn't care for the mags either. I wouldn't pay $1000 for another one. At least not without a personal inspection first. It did have a nice trigger though and it did run.

Since posting this, I added 7 more of the RIA's pictured above. 4 of them in 9mm. I also added 2 RIA Rock Ultras in 45
IMG_3066.jpeg

And added 2 Mossberg 88 Cruisers in 20ga.
IMG_3070.jpeg

I haven't picked anything up yet. That's going to be a haul when I do. 15 guns in total. I'm on vacation in Nashville at the moment. Probably be a few weeks before I get around to it.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
I hope that your experiences with the CSX and Witness are good.
The CSX that I bought for my wife was a huge disappointment.
My Girsan Hunter was a pos and dealing with EEA was less than pleasant.