Guncrafter GI 15LPI MSH

SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ

Well-Known Fanatic
Recently traded for a sweet GI NN Commander. I prefer Commander sized pistols for carry, just my preference.
One thing that I wanted to change on this pistol was the main spring housing. It was fitted with a one piece MSH with a magwell. Not a real magwell fan so figured I would just replace it with a standard GI MSH. I had new GI in the parts box from a previous purchase but when I took a good look at it, the checkering was not 15LPI but finer, guessing 20-25. I contacted GI wondering if I had ordered the wrong part or if it had been shipped wrong. Found out that they do not sell just a standard MSH with 15LPI checkering.
Not wanting to do a parts bashing on GI, but I was quite surprised that I could not buy a MSH with the same checkering as was on most all of their front straps, disappointed I was...

Bender

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Don’t believe I’ve ever seen one like that before......any pics?

45caldude

45caldude

Active Fanatic
I ran into a similar problem with a bobtail. 15 on the front and 25 on the back. I sure wished they'd offer the one you're asking for and a bobtail version.

They do offer the round butt one in 15 lpi.

cMhFEHo.jpg

Last edited:
SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ

Well-Known Fanatic
I did notice that round butt MSH but I am really not interested in doing the frame modifications.
Edit to add: What was even more frustrating to me was looking thru their lineup of 1911's, most of them are pictured with standard 15LPI MSH... go figure?

Bender

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I did notice that round butt MSH but I am really not interested in doing the frame modifications.
Edit to add: What was even more frustrating to me was looking thru their lineup of 1911's, most of them are pictured with standard 15LPI MSH... go figure?

That is a bit confusing.......I just looked.

SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ

Well-Known Fanatic
Agree...
So lets turn this into a "Want To Buy" thread. If anyone has a GI Gov/Comm MSH with 15LPI checkering, lanyard or not, prefer parkerized or melonite finish, PM me up. I am a buyer...

Latest posts