Gamma 4510 Intro

Gamma4510

Fanatic
I'm a student of the finest platform ever, the 1911. I've competed in various shooting disciplines with these fine pistols. I have and continue to train with the 1911 with many fine instructors. I have had many customized by some very fine pistolsmiths over the last 40 plus years and continue enjoying handling, shooting and enjoying the many variations of this fine platform. I look forward to enjoying this forum as a new member.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Welcome to the party pal. ;)

[h3][/h3][h3][/h3]

The 1911A1

The number two spot in numbers of enemies killed should go to the M1911A1 .45. During the first part of the 20th century Americans took great pride in their skill with a pistol. There have always been American soldiers who prefer the pistol to the rifle at close range, "close range" being a relative term that some will take out to 100 yards or more. Nothing is faster on target than a pistol and that fact has saved the life of many a pistoleer in combat.

Some readers will disagree with the author’s number two ranking of what many call the “World’s Greatest Fighting Pistol.” But remember, he is using historical numbers of kills and casualties.
Some readers will disagree with the author's number two ranking of what many call the "World's Greatest Fighting Pistol." But remember, he is using historical numbers of kills and casualties.
Ramping up pistol production took priority over rifle production when America entered WWI. Unlike the French and British, the Americans were quick to issue pistols to anyone who needed one. WWII saw more handgun use with house-to-house and jungle fighting all within easy pistol range.

Americans got their first look at human-wave assaults with the Japanese banzai charges in the Pacific Theater. They experienced them again in Korea when the Chinese communists obeyed their Russian advisors and launched the same sort of human-wave assaults Russia had used against Germany in WWII. The M1911A1 has also seen close-quarters fighting in Vietnam and subsequent wars.

The M1911A1 is the most reliable pistol in harsh conditions that is possible to make. I have seen an M1911A1 throw sand out of every joint with the first shot and keep on firing. An unaltered military M1911A1 will tolerate more rust, dust, sand and mud than any pistol ever made and continue to fight.

Its FMJ 230-grain bullet is a sure fight stopper with a hit to the vitals. It is a natural pointer, and with a little practice many shooters can't seem to miss with it. My Betty has shot every coin out of the air with one as long as I had pocket change to throw for her. While it comes in second to the Luger in the number of people killed with it, the M1911A1 remains the ultimate fighting pistol.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm a student of the finest platform ever, the 1911. I've competed in various shooting disciplines with these fine pistols. I have and continue to train with the 1911 with many fine instructors. I have had many customized by some very fine pistolsmiths over the last 40 plus years and continue enjoying handling, shooting and enjoying the many variations of this fine platform. I look forward to enjoying this forum as a new member.
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have some beautiful hardware. You have joined a group of incredible folks here, we hope you enjoy your time with us. Happy 2023!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
How did I miss this thread? Welcome from Eastern NC

Latest posts