For Hand Loaders..Shooter's Wold line of powder

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been experimenting with the Shooters World line of powders for several years now, and my only
criticism of these powders was a lack of data provided by their old online guide.
There was what I would describe as, " very little " load data available.
I went as far as contacting them, asking for specific load data, but was told via email,
"we're new to the USA, we're still working on developing data, etc.."

Not really what I wanted to hear.
Since I'd purchased several pound containers of a variety of their powders, I began experimenting,
using recommended data from "similar" powders..as suggested on the site.

I load below max charges & chose what I consider / calculate to be safe charges.
.Despite the lack of load data available, I'll admit I was impressed with the powders I tried.

Not getting into specifics in this, as I wanted to post about their new reloading guide I found online today.

I was VERY impressed with the descriptions of their powders, as well as (now) much improved data, provided
by a larger variety of bullet weights & profiles in this new load data link.
Much more detailed & specific about each powder, what it was designed for, and noticed many new powders now being offered.
If you've read this far, I'd suggest going to the link & read some powder descriptions on their rifle & pistol powders,
I think you may be encouraged to try a few of them.
I know I am looking forward to trying their new SoCom & AR Plus rifle powders, (really like their Blackout for 7.62 X 39)

August of 2020 looks like they published their newest powder guide

I've tried their Clean Shot, Auto pistol, Ultimate pistol handgun powders,
as well as Blackout (for 7.62 X 39), Match Rifle & Tactical rifle, of their rifle line of powders.
l
Wish I had not waited to try them,, I'd have ordered more had I known the results of my experimentation earlier.
I'm sure prices have risen since my initial order, & as with all components, they may now be hard to find.

Last edited:

deepsquatter804

Fanatic
Thanks for posting this. I've never tried them but wondered if they were any good. For a while they were on of the only powders I could find but I didn't see much data on them when I checked.
I've been experimenting with the Shooters World line of powders for several years now, and my only
criticism of these powders was a lack of data provided by their old online guide.
There was what I would describe as, " very little " load data available.
I went as far as contacting them, asking for specific load data, but was told via email,
"we're new to the USA, we're still working on developing data, etc.."

Gary Blakely

New Fanatic
Thanks for posting this link. I have thought about trying some of their powders but without data did not know which to try.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
as I posted..I've discovered that I really like their line of powders. problem now is....finding them.
I have an adequate supply of a variety of other powders I can / do use in my hand loading.
I've been buying large powder containers for years ( 7 or 8 # size) which is why it took me over a year ( or 2 ) to start trying these new powders..
I'd been using powders I already had, & had already worked up accurate loads in the calibers I most often shoot.

By the time I learned how much I like Clean Shot, Blackout, & Match Rifle, they're kind of hard to find.. ( + I still have a bunch of other powders)

Latest posts