Fireplaces and dogs (as soon as you light the fire -- the dog is right there, all cozy!)

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Sheesh... Anyone have ever have a dog that is so spoiled that he will lay down on his bed right there in front of the fireplace and WON'T MOVE! You literally have to step over him to tend the fire?!?

Captured in the photo is my brindle colored Pitbull/Lab mix named Reggie. He is 2½ yrs old, 75 lbs, and built like an Ox. He's one of those dogs where, if you slack off just a hair, he senses it and will try to take control!

RkJZoL6.jpg

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Sheesh... Anyone have ever have a dog that is so spoiled that he will lay down on his bed right there in front of the fireplace and WON'T MOVE! You literally have to step over him to tend the fire?!?

Captured in the photo is my brindle colored Pitbull/Lab mix named Reggie. He is 2½ yrs old, 75 lbs, and built like an Ox. He's one of those dogs where, if you slack off just a hair, he senses it and will try to take control!

RkJZoL6.jpg
Nothing like man's best friend.....and Reggie didn't get spoiled all by himself.;)

Dogs are much like Grandkids....made to be spoiled.

skibum

Fanatic
Well, my dogs "helped" build the fire pit and then enjoyed it. The indoor fireplace they stay away from, too hot for them.

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 4
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 4
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg