Fanny Pack for gvt 1911?

KS Gunman

Fanatic
Anyone ever found a fanny pack that could accommodate a full size 1911?

I have used fanny packs, in the past, for task specific situations- courier and food delivery (had to carry receipts, etc). One thing I have always found - the size gun they say they are made for is always a little too big. When you go to draw, the bottom corner or the grip hangs up on the portion that remains zipped. If you try to rip the entire front open, the corner of the grip will stop you. It always seems like going one size larger helped - buy a "large" to carry a G23, etc. Problem is - I want one big enough to carry my 1911. Anyone find one that seemed great for that pistol?

KS Gunman

Fanatic
Wouldn't it be better off in every aspect in a holster on or in your belt?
Every aspect? No. That is why I want options. I have a holster on order now which will probably fit the bill most of the time. There are times when a fanny pack or cross body bag would better fit my needs. So I'm trying to find people with experience using one for a full size 1911.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Every aspect? No. That is why I want options. I have a holster on order now which will probably fit the bill most of the time. There are times when a fanny pack or cross body bag would better fit my needs. So I'm trying to find people with experience using one for a full size 1911.
In todays world a purse would not be questioned.

KS Gunman

Fanatic
In todays world a purse would not be questioned.
I know right? While I am no fan of the lefty agenda, I am happy about my purse being "normal" now

Plus I am at that age where "cool" is not a concern. Neither is hiding the fact I am armed. Even with IWB, my "cover garment" is a "courtesy", not an attempt at "concealment". I shamelessly print lol.

I have even looked at shoulder rigs knowing I will go without a cover most of the time. There are only 2 things holding me back: (1) I'd prefer horizontal but would not like blatantly flagging the people behind me in line, seems rude (2) my daughter keeps telling me that an open carried shoulder rig is the epitome of dorky and while most opinions don't matter...... hers does. She even says a cross body sling bag would be less cheesy than rockin a should rig with no cover garment.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I know right? While I am no fan of the lefty agenda, I am happy about my purse being "normal" now

Plus I am at that age where "cool" is not a concern. Neither is hiding the fact I am armed. Even with IWB, my "cover garment" is a "courtesy", not an attempt at "concealment". I shamelessly print lol.

I have even looked at shoulder rigs knowing I will go without a cover most of the time. There are only 2 things holding me back: (1) I'd prefer horizontal but would not like blatantly flagging the people behind me in line, seems rude (2) my daughter keeps telling me that an open carried shoulder rig is the epitome of dorky and while most opinions don't matter...... hers does. She even says a cross body sling bag would be less cheesy than rockin a should rig with no cover garment.
I just wear a loose shirt and its on my back. I little unhandy, but it's better than being naked.

johnk568

Fanatic
Hi,

Carry a man purse. Maxpedition Versapack, comes in regular and jumbo. I have one and it stores a full size 1911in the holster. I currently have a Springfield Armory, XD9 Tactical and 3 16 round mags, a blowout kit, tourniquet, Israeli combat bandage, quick-clot, chest seal, Nalgene bottle, canteen cup, and nesbit stove. Also have sunglasses, pens pencils, and marker, and matches, lighter.

Big Biscuit

Well-Known Fanatic
A few years ago I bought an over the shoulder bag in neon orange to use as a range bag.

Then came the fateful day that I decided that I was tired of riding my motorcycle around with saddlebags. Off came the saddlebags but what about the gear that I drug around for work every day? How about that range bag? How was it going to be around my neck at 75mph on a speeding motorcycle?

When used as a range bag I transported up to 3 government 1911s with magazines, ammo, and assorted range gear like ear muffs. But it really wasn't bulky. I guess it is a cross body style bag, like a messenger bag.

Anyway, the bag was great on the bike. Being safety day glow orange it looks like some kind of medical appliance or something. It works.

Here's the thing though, I don't recommend carrying a weapon in any sort of an off body bag like a womans purse. I carry my junk that won't fit in my pockets but my pistol is IWB. Otherwise I would never take that bag off if my pistol was in it. It's impossible to execute anything like a quick draw with the zippers and snaps.

I know you probably understand the security aspects but the bag does carry nice.

I have no experience with a fanny pack.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi,

Carry a man purse. Maxpedition Versapack, comes in regular and jumbo. I have one and it stores a full size 1911in the holster. I currently have a Springfield Armory, XD9 Tactical and 3 16 round mags, a blowout kit, tourniquet, Israeli combat bandage, quick-clot, chest seal, Nalgene bottle, canteen cup, and nesbit stove. Also have sunglasses, pens pencils, and marker, and matches, lighter.
I've seen those, it might be the answer for those who do not want a belt rig.

KS Gunman

Fanatic
Hi,

I have seen that one, I will give it another look. Sounds like it worked well for you. Appreciate the feedback.

Latest posts