Disassociated for political party choice?

Have you been disassociated by a “friend” due to your party affiliation?

  • Yes

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

    Votes: 10 55.6%

  • Total voters
    18

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Mar 30, 2018
Messages
1,957
Location
Dark side o the moon.....
So, curious to know. Have you been disassociated by a “friend” due to your choice in political party association?

I have lost a few that are staunch democrat party members. They are either tied to LGBT or race agendas. Simply up and dumped me from FB and such. They can’t have a conversation and respect anothers’ opinion, not even to the slightest degree.

I tend to avoid political conversations, but, I won’t ignore or belittle those who want to discuss. Differing opinions aren’t wrong, they are simply different.
 

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Nov 5, 2018
Messages
242
Location
East Central Missouri
I've never seen things so divided . I have some liberal democrat relatives and friends and they can't get together without inserting politics into it . If you don't see it their way you must be a racist , homophobe , xenaphobe , or just plain stupid . The Kavanaugh confirmation sent them over the edge . They think women must be believed no matter what . No matter her own witnesses said it didn't happen . My 82 year old mother was in tears because Donald Trump ," the most vile human being on earth ", put a rapist on the Supreme Court . My lib relatives believe everything Schumer , Fienstein say . Hildebeast is a saint to them . Democrats and the media have helped create a rift in my family that will never go away .
 

rjinaz86323

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
88
Location
High Grasslands of Northern Arizona
Seems sooner or later that politics will enter into a conversation. I am probably more fortunate than most in that (according to voter registration) almost 90% of the residents in my small town are Republicans, so as a result all of my friends are. So we just get together and 'bitch' about the other 10%:cool:. I don't post on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
 
Last edited:

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Jun 25, 2018
Messages
365
Location
southwest Wake County, NC
Seems sooner or later that politics will enter into a conversation. I am probably more fortunate than most in that (according to voter registration) almost 90% of the residents in my small town are Republicans, so as a result all of my friends are. So we just get together and 'bitch' about the other 10%:cool:
This is also one of the beautiful things about shooting pistol matches every Saturday. Just about everyone who shows up shares our views on most things political.
 

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
408
Location
NW Ohio
Nope, don’t do Facebook, never have.
Most of my friends are friends because we have very similar tastes and opinions. Most of my family is at least mildly conservative. I do get into conversations with lefties at work but I don’t GAF what they think, I believe my cohorts and I at work have actually swayed a few to our side but it is a huge battle as I work in a large plant with the UAW as our union! Man they are just overbearing and it doesn’t stop with them! They’ve been standing at our doors as we come in everyday this week handing out papers pushing Dems at all costs. They say don’t forget to vote on Tuesday and my response was always, OH I WILL but you won’t like it!
 

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Nov 6, 2018
Messages
729
Location
East Missouri
Although I do have some very good friends who are staunch democrats, we tend to set political philosophies aside. But rest assured, I stand my ground when challenged. It's usually good natured ribbing, on both sides of the fence.
 

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Messages
908
no friends to lose. once lost a patient becaus e I told her I would not vote for the convicted felon running for Mayor of bridgeport.dementocraps get their panties bunched more often than you can imagine and over very ,very petty things
 

schofield

Fanatic
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
11
I also am pretty lucky living in eastern MT in a small town where we tend to be conservative. Havent lost any frienda that i know of but if i did it hasnt bothered me. I do have one aunt who is a flaming liberal and always trys to talk politics but she at least van have a discussion.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
 

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Joined
Feb 16, 2018
Messages
441
I try not to talk politics on Facebook, it's a waste of time to argue with people set in their ways.
 

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Messages
86
Location
DFW
I have killed off a few and a few have removed me. Just do not have the time or patience for the liberal idiots!
 

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
311
Found a friend on facespook I have not seen for over 20 years. We talked a bit, apparently my Hillary for Prison shirt was too much for him. :)

My only really hard core liberal friend and I just talk about guns and hunting, we get along great that way, with a little good natured ribbing tossed in all along.
 

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
167
Matter of public record. I'm registered as a Republican, although I'm more of a libertarian. I'm staying outta your business, stay the hell outta mine. The vast majority of my 72 1st cousins are raging libturds. There are a few that realize that discussing politics with me is a waste of time. One female cousin was pushing Hillary really hard, I said "Hillary lied, people died". She had no clue about Benghazi, or what occurred there. When shown the timeline, she disengaged, and moved to a different side of the meeting hall. Gave up on Facebook a long time ago. Calling abortion infanticide, got me reported to the FB police. I deactivated my account soon thereafter.
 

Latest posts

Top