COVID 19 vac.

Liggett

Well-Known Fanatic
If you or yours are on the fence as I am about getting the Covid19 vaccination, and at 70 in a "high risk" group, I certainly am, please watch this
video:

It helped to make up my mind.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I think you should have the choice. Your body your choice, my body my choice.

I will be getting the vaccine if and when it's offered. Feel free to tell me you told me so in 20 years when I get webbed toes or whatever results in it.

I will also wash my hands, keep my distance if you're not in my bubble, and wear a mask. Especially in the future if I have a cold or cough as a curtesy to whom I am around. That's my choice, just as I will respect your choice accordingly.

This site isn't for spreading propaganda for or against this or other political ideas. We can also discuss differing opinions without name calling, or bashing. That or the conversation shouldn't happen.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Me too, but so far it doesn't look like you're immune after contracting covid. Wish it were true!
See that's one thing I don't get, you don't build immunity after having it (which I did for 3 weeks in January) then how can a vaccine be effective?

I am also perfectly fine with anyone whom wants to exercise their rights to distance or wear a mask or whatever they feel works for them! That's cool but it should be your choice and NOT a government issued mandate that is not based on proven science (if it was the guidelines wouldn't change almost daily)

I still believe let it run it's course, it's a virus everyone WILL get it eventually! This would have been done and over with if we had done nothing, The two weeks to flatten the curve turned into a year plus long lock down with really no improvement. I'm so over it all, I've had it and I know it affects done worse than others but so does every disease known to man. Let's get on with it, if you need to mask up then go for it, I support your decision.

PS: I still see way too many people walk out of a restroom and not wash their hands!! That scares me more than covid

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
See that's one thing I don't get, you don't build immunity after having it (which I did for 3 weeks in January) then how can a vaccine be effective?
This type of vaccine (at least the Pfizer and Moderna) are based on RNA which tells your system how to fight the stuff, building it into our makeup. This isn't a new process, as it's been around for 15+ years, but the floodgates of money opened up and sped this process up. The vaccine for the previous coronavirus started this type of research. It's one reason why some of the vaccines the ones using RNA are effective against the variants.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
This type of vaccine (at least the Pfizer and Moderna) are based on RNA which tells your system how to fight the stuff, building it into our makeup. This isn't a new process, as it's been around for 15+ years, but the floodgates of money opened up and sped this process up. The vaccine for the previous coronavirus started this type of research. It's one reason why some of the vaccines the ones using RNA are effective against the variants.
Ok, I will admit I do not understand but will look it up.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I do wonder with all these billions if the US and other countries couldn't have bought the formula and just produced it around the world. The polio vaccine Salk created he never patented and now polio was/is almost erased from the planet.

Just seemed like a missed opportunity by so many, and instead became an opportunity for greed.

Latest posts