Components Getting More Scarce...

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Is it just me or is everyone noticing that bullets, primers, cases and powder are getting more difficult to find? I can find everything but primers but they are never specifically what I'm looking for. It seems that another run on these items has commenced.

dennishoddy

I haven't checked lately. I stocked up on primers before this shortage started. I remember the primer shortage during the Clinton years when they were impossible to find and vowed to never let that happen again.
I shoot 90% CCI so when they were $34 per thousand, I put 10,000 of rifle/pistol/magnum etc on the shelf as minimum stock, then added another couple thousand to use. When getting back down to the minimum stock, order more.
Down into my emergency supply currently as I refuse to pay $110 per thousand at today's prices, but I should be good for a couple more years.
I actually think the elections coming up will convert both houses of congress to conservative majorities, so the threat of confiscation/gun control fears will decrease, and prices will start to fall.
When shortages come about, it seems reloading supplies are the last to come into short supply, and the last to recover when loaded ammo prices are coming down like they are currently.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
This is so different than the panics that Klinton & Obummer caused. Seems to be self inflected wounds caused by the Industry making the reloading components. I sill believe this is caused by the Components manufactures & the Feds working together to keep reloaders from stocking up by using shortages & insane prices.

If you can't get their guns, dry up the ammo by making it hard for the average citizen to buy more than a box or two of ammo.

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/my-advice-on-finding-reloading-components.4062068/

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
This is so different than the panics that Klinton & Obummer caused. Seems to be self inflected wounds caused by the Industry making the reloading components. I sill believe this is caused by the Components manufactures & the Feds working together to keep reloaders from stocking up by using shortages & insane prices.

If you can't get their guns, dry up the ammo by making it hard for the average citizen to buy more than a box or two of ammo.

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/my-advice-on-finding-reloading-components.4062068/
Rat Bastids

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

I think it's the manufacturers working to fill big federal agency orders so they can form a standing army against us.

FDA, USPS, IRS, DHS....etc.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
WOW! there is a boat load of ammo out in the general population. :eek:

dennishoddy

I can't see component manufacturers being complicit with the gun control group. That's shooting one self in the foot. During obummer years, .22 rimfire bulk 500 boxes were over $100 at gun shows. Trump years, it fell back to $25 and was going down. I saw .04 cents a round before the 2020 elections.
Same with primers during the clinton years. They got over $70 per thousand, finally getting back into the $30 range.
Buy big when it's cheap because you never know when an election is going to change everything.
Prices will come down with the right administration and when the market gets saturated.

Latest posts