CMP looks to open a Marksmanship Park in Oklahoma

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Rumor has it that the CMP is shopping locations in the OKC area for the construction of a Marksmanship Park just like the flagship facility in Talladega. It is the stated goal of their COO to have 5 such parks scattered across the US. If you haven't seen the details on the park in AL yet, you can visit their website here: http://thecmp.org/competitions/talladega-marksmanship-park/

Between all of the milsurp classes of match that they would host, matches for Service Rifle and the various pistol disciplines, as well as Appleseed clinics would/could be conducted there. The facility would also be open to the public for a modest fee based on the ranges you wish to use.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds epic! I saw some pictures of the long range bays and they had cameras set up to see your targets and such. I need to get to an Appleseed with my oldest boy.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Bob Sanders said:
If it's like Talladega, they may have bays for USPSA and 3 gun as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Seriously? Don't be messing with us.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I will be checking out the park in Talladega first hand in October. I will be at CMP South building an (my) M1 through their Advanced Maintenance Course so I figure I ought to take the availability of a world class facility to send some rounds down range.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Wondering what the cost of such a park would be. Any of you with several million USD you don't know what to do with could get their attention I'm sure.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
If they sell all of those 10,000 1911s they're getting for the minimum $1,000 they're talking about, they'll be well on their way to the next one wherever it is.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Flatland Shooter said:
It would be great if they built one of these ranges near the Houston area.

I'd be there often enough that they would give me my own parking space.
Yuuuup! Plenty of land for cheap up near Crosby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Old topic I know but I have some first hand info on this. I spoke with the head of the CMP Custom shop in Anniston today and he said the CMP has no plans to open its own range in Oklahoma as they have to good of a working relationship with the OKC Gun Club. He did say they have spoken with the OKCGC administration about leasing them the electronic target system they have in Talledega and running in cooperation with the OKCGC.

Latest posts