Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I want to start shooting my AR in Steel Challenge and have just about decided on the CMMG conversion.

Tony offers the Bravo SS version in his shop http://www.makereadyproshop.com/product-p/cmmg-22ba6e1.htm and I have received good reviews from others who run this in their AR.

Does anyone else have any reviews, good or bad on this setup? What ammo have you had success with?

CMMG-22BA6E1-2.jpg

PS: On a seperate note, there are some rumblings that we might start having Steel Challenge at OKCGC every month instead of alternating months.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I have a CMMG kit for mine that has been great with federal bulk pack. It's super fast if you put it on a full auto lower.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm with Burk, but waffling wether to use conversion or dedicated upper. I like the idea of the conversion, thinking I can use the exact setup I use for 3 gun.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I don't know. I bought mine used with all black dog mags. Occasionally the plastic feed lip mags will give me trouble, but the metal ones have been flawless.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
it comes with a cmmg mag.

I like the Black Dog Drums as well

dennishoddy

The drums work really well. I have better luck with them than the 36 round mags. The 10 rounders we converted to 15 rounds run perfectly as well.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
OK guys I got a CMMG conversion from one of my sponsors, Red Dirt Plants I will run some ammo through it after my mom leaves and give a report.

Smoke & Hope look out

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I got to run some rounds through the conversion today. Used every kind of ammo I could find and also used the CMMG magazine as well as Black Dog mag. Every thing ran and it was really fun. Cant wait for OKCGC Steel Challenge

dennishoddy

Burk Cornelius said:
I got to run some rounds through the conversion today. Used every kind of ammo I could find and also used the CMMG magazine as well as Black Dog mag. Every thing ran and it was really fun. Cant wait for OKCGC Steel Challenge

We have Steel Challenge at Ponca too!

Some of the OKC guys come to shoot with us.

jacketjoed

Fanatic
These conversions work great, but had one problem. After about 250 rnds the .22lr ammo leaded up my brake. I was shooting fedrel bulk pack copper plated and I run a PWS FSC556.

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
Fleche makes a good point I have seen gas tubes and gas blocks fouled to the point where they had to be replaced when guys run only .22 through their conversion kitted ARs

Latest posts