Club Match

penman53

Fanatic
There will be a club match this Saturday July 16 at the Oklahoma City Gun Club. Everyone is welcome to attend. You do not have to be a member of the gun club to attend. Come on out and bear the heat with the rest of us and have a great day of competition. The match starts at 9:00 am and if its your first match, it's FREE. If you don't have a competition 22 pistol and want to try, please email me at [email protected] and we will provide you with one.

Come on out guys have fun.

Mark

Copper01

Well-Known Fanatic
While the response has been a while coming, I can answer your question.

Short answer is that the club match is a paper match. NRA B-6 targets at 50 yards and B-8 targets at 25 yards.

Long Answer: We use the club matches for practice and the scores are not submitted to the NRA. They are the same shot sequences as a NRA Outdoor 2700 match. The club matches are a great opportunity for new shooters to try out Bullseye Pistol (or NRA Outdoor Conventional Pistol, if you want to be technical). At OKCGC we have a training day on the first Saturday of the month typically followed by a club match on the first Sunday, through October. Since the national championships for Bullseye Pistol were ongoing at Camp Perry last week, and many of our regular shooters attended, instead of our normal NRA sanctioned match we had another club match.

We are always looking for new shooters for Bullseye and welcome anyone to attend (club match or not!). For new shooter's it is suggested that you start out with a .22 until you get the fundamentals under your belt. If you don't have a .22 contact Mark, me, or anyone in the Bullseye division and we'll make sure the equipment you need will be available for you at the range.

Brad Wells