Can Anyone ID This Kit/Parts??

thegunguy

Fanatic
Hey guys,
I'm trying to find the manufacturers name for this 20+ years old kit. It is a drop in bull barrel with reverse plug and a slide stop lever with a window and adjustable bearings. Its for a 5" government. The recoil guide rod is .250 and the spring is shorter than normal. It also does not have barrel feet as the barrel is flat on the bottom.

IMG_8843.jpg
IMG_8844.jpg
IMG_8846.jpg
IMG_8856.jpg
IMG_8858.jpg
IMG_8866.jpg
IMG_8859.jpg
IMG_8861.jpg
IMG_8862.jpg
IMG_8865.jpg

thegunguy

Fanatic
I've seen it , just can't remember . I think it was sold as a barrel- muzzle brake kit for speed shooting type events . Maybe Bar-Sto ?
I don't think it was Bar-Sto. Thanks for chiming in. If you remember who it was come on back and post it.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Try dawson precision, I have a STI duty one commander with a similiar rod
I can't find a single mark to say who made it, however I bought a Guide rod set up like this for my Commander back at a gun show in the late 80s.

thegunguy

Fanatic
Try dawson precision, I have a STI duty one commander with a similiar rod
Thanks for the effort! Ive got it identified. It is a kit Centaur Quadracomp. It was a drop in barrel, the guide rod and a slide stop as pictured. There isnt anything like it and they have been out of business I guess for a long time. The guide rod is .250 and the spring is short. Crazy enough it looks like Wolff still makes springs for this kit even though they told me previously that they didn't have any springs based on my description prior to me identifying the kit.

squarebale19

Well-Known Fanatic
Good luck, the neoprene washer was what mine didn't have.I wonder what the lifespan on that kit is so i can replace my sti when needed.I also thought about just converting both my commanders to the new drop in from sti.

thegunguy

Fanatic
I dont think your STI kit is comparable to this at all. Different size guide rod, guide rod doesn't have feet on it, flange instead of a reverse plug, the barrel has flats on the bottom etc...

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I too recall seeing a similar mod for a 1911..there have been a bunch of "good ideas" to enhance accuracy, improve reliability, etc..
Many don't pass the test of time, are too expensive, or die off for whatever reason.
Makes for interesting reading, though. Thanks for posting your find.

rhsmith1

New Fanatic
Several gunsmiths made products like this. Jim Clark Sr was doing something similar. Maybe check with his son. Clarkcustomguns.com

Latest posts