Bought a new A5

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
So I went to Arnzen Arms in Eden Prairie, MN last week to purchase my wife her new G43 and I ended up looking at a couple of shotguns. I have a 930 JM that I liked but had a few problems with and a M3k that has been pretty good to me but is being handed down to my 17yo. I knew that I wanted either an M2 or an A5 and wanted to be able to throw each up to my shoulder and see which one felt better. I was really surprised to find that the A5 felt better, I have never had a shotgun that fit out of the box before but this one did, so I ended up picking it up. I sent it off to RCI to have the port opened up and an XS milled into the rib along with a couple other little goodies and should have it back in a couple of weeks.

The only negative I have to say about it is the trigger is pretty darn heavy... That was the absolutely the best thing about the 930 was the trigger, so I was a little disappointed by the M3K's and now the A5's. Hopefully I can find a smith that will be able to lighten it up a little.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
shotgun triggers are notoriously sucky. The mossbergs is actually one of if not the best from the factory.

Have you seen the Briley trigger jobs? Not sure if they can or will do an A5 but it would be worth a call.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Jesse, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they have any plans for an A5 in the near future.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
So the gent I spoke to at Briley said to his knowledge I was the first to inquire about a trigger for the A5... I find that hard to believe but he said the Benelli/Beretta triggers have done pretty well for them so it is something they will probably be looking at.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Joe Frechette said:
Should have it soon, photo posted to Facebook by Mark Roth.

Holy crap that's a WFO load port. Looks like the entire brass portion is out of the tube. She should load like a boss.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
That's what I'm hoping,now to get it back and do some practice so hopefully I can do my part.

Latest posts