BoomerShooter Sporting Clays Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT AND ENTRY FORM HERE

I am going to go ahead and put together a BoomerShooter.com sporting clay tournament. It is going to just be an event to get all of us together and shoot some shotguns. I know summer is full of shooting events every weekend so I need some feedback on what month, day of the week I should pursue.

I don't think we will do it as a [big] money maker although we might make a little just to provide Brandon with some capital to run the site. I will try to keep the cost low so we can have more participation. Probably around $30 per shooter.

It will be a 50 round sporting clay tournament with 4-man teams. I will assign teams if you don't have 4 entries

BC

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk, would that be $30 plus the cost that Silver Leaf charges for a round of 50?

I may have to get a team together for this!

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Burk, would that be $30 plus the cost that Silver Leaf charges for a round of 50?

I may have to get a team together for this!

No, whatever we charge will be all inclusive. I will be upfront with all charges. Silverleaf charges $23 for a round of 50. We may charge a little more than that just to generate some operating funds.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Truthfully, Silverleaf is booked almost every weekend. If I thought it wouldn't turn too many people away, I would even consider a weekday. At least we wouldn't worry about conflicting with other matches that are already scheduled.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
depending on which friday it is, i could do that.. don't know how many other people that would work for..

okie-carbine

Well-Known Fanatic
if you are not dead-set on using silverleaf, there is quailridge in tecumseh. quailridge sporting clays

we had a blast there when we went for my brother's bachelor party. we went at the beginning of october last year, and it was still a little warm.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I can probably do a Saturday at Silverleaf if I book a date far enough ahead of time. My main concern with Saturdays is conflicting with other matches in the area

just pick a saturday... there is always something that is going to conflict with something else.... since you are not making this a every month type of deal, people won't mind...

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Now we're talkin"! The have a couple of skeet feilds at Silverleaf that dont get a lot of use either....if anybody wants to warm up....just sayin.

I'm in!

Good idea. The other tournament I put on out there, that's exactly what we do. If anyone wants to shoot some skeet or trap they have time to do so before or after the tourney.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I'm in. Except make it $200 per 4 man team, just a bigger profit margin. I think we can all afford it.

. We went to silverleaf before my wedding on July 9th and had a hell of a time. We had 14 people and started at 9:30iah and got done at 12. Had 3 or 4 squads. It was a blast. Well worth the cost to play. and the guys there were super helpful. I got 2nd place. My father-in-law won. I let him. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts