BL-C(2) & 55gr FMJBT

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes. 26.x - 27.x I don't have my notes on OAL or the exact load with me. I settled on a near max load though becasue of my 11.5" bbl. When I get home I'll let you know.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, love how it meters. I loaded up a few Saturday @ 27.0gr, which is a little hotter than I've been loading, so I wanted to see if anyone else was close before trying them in the gun.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
BLC(2) is all I've been loading because I got an 8lb jug of it when that's all I could find and it ain't gone yet. My M&P15 would cycle as low as 24.5, maybe even lower but I never went there. I just settled in at 26.0 for a long time. I recently bumped it up to 27.0 and found my zero was still spot on at 300. I've shot as high as 27.5 with no issues using mixed brass. The primers are a bit flatter but no real excess pressure sign. I also run the Hornady 55 FMJBT and use a Lee factory crimp die and crimp in the cannelure. You should be good to go at 27.0.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
BLC(2) is all I've been loading because I got an 8lb jug of it when that's all I could find and it ain't gone yet. My M&P15 would cycle as low as 24.5, maybe even lower but I never went there. I just settled in at 26.0 for a long time. I recently bumped it up to 27.0 and found my zero was still spot on at 300. I've shot as high as 27.5 with no issues using mixed brass. The primers are a bit flatter but no real excess pressure sign. I also run the Hornady 55 FMJBT and use a Lee factory crimp die and crimp in the cannelure. You should be good to go at 27.0.

I also use the LFC die. Matter of fact it is the only one I have (223/556). I got it for bullets that dont have a cannelure. Works great for me. Since the OP was just asking I there is no need for load data. I have to agree it meters very well and is very consistent at lest for me.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic

Good deal!

Thanks for all the responses!

I'll take 'em out and zero it soon, hopefully.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
BLC-2 is awesome in my .35 Whelen. I always use H335 in my .223 but I have a few buddies that swear by it. I've shot some of their reloads and I was impressed with it. They were using Hornady boolits as well.