Best Muzzle Brake for an AR

dennishoddy

What is the best brake for an AR? Minimal recoil.
My new upper has the flash supressor, but I'm wanting a brake for comps.
;)

dennishoddy

I like my Battle Comps. Lol :D

Ok, I've seen some of your video's as well.

Just asking for opinions here, no drama, but why would you consider the Battle Comp better than the Rolling Thunder?

I'm probably going to answer my own question, but it might take sophisticated equipment to tell the difference?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Dennis, I book marked this http://www.scribd.com/doc/22829785/AR15-Compensators-pt-2 for reference. It's a fine study, but the writer fails to judge the comps by the results, which is really weak. I almost got the Arredondo because of its muzzle signature, but I have an M4-style carbine, to I opted for the increased recoil reduction of the SJC. That said, I have yet to mount it and shoot through it, since I'm waiting on some washers.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
The actual brakes like the rolling thunder and such are going to do a better job of making the rifle recoil flat. BUT the added concussion isn't worth it to me. The BC does a great job of controlling the muzzle without the blast and concussion. It's more than an A2 but much less, to me, than an actual brake.

dennishoddy

The actual brakes like the rolling thunder and such are going to do a better job of making the rifle recoil flat. BUT the added concussion isn't worth it to me. The BC does a great job of controlling the muzzle without the blast and concussion. It's more than an A2 but much less, to me, than an actual brake.
I can understand the concussion. Spent 1/2 day to the left of a .50 Barret when the Ponca City club hosted an Army Reserve unit for training.
Felt like I'd been beat-up at the end of the day. :(

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I ran a Rolling Thunder on my 10.5" rifle for awhile and it really made a difference with the recoil. With that said it also made a loud gun a LOT louder. It was like getting punched in the face with every round. On a 16" or longer gun it doesn't seem quite as bad but they are loud.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm using a rolling thunder but am kinda interested in checking out the corvette by Nordic

corvette

Spiff

Semi-Pro
The Titan and Rolling Thunder are probably equally effective, but the Titan is brutally loud. The Rolling Thunder is only ridiculously loud.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
The threads will be different for an AK.

I just shot my SJC/Lund Titan for the first time, it's on a 16" carbine, and it was AMAZINGLY effective. The gun did not move off zero, or if it did it was completely negligible, and the recoil was as nothing, similar to a .22LR. The noise was awesome (as in awe inspiring), the blast was terrible in the indoor range stall, and I would have been pissed if I were in the stall next to one of these. This basically makes it an outdoor-only rifle.

Latest posts