Best 1911 grips?

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
I just picked up my first 1911. It's a Sig traditional reverse two tone. I dont really care for the look of the grips and want a solid black. The originals take away from the black/stainless glory. What do you guys suggest? I like the Wilson G10's but is it blasphemy to put Wilson logo'd grips on a Sig?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I also use VZ grips on my carry gun. They are the Operators. VZ makes some others that are more aggressive, like the Aliens or Operator II

2012-10-04_08-10-15_9-1.jpg

tony, that photo make the gunners look less aggressive; those ones in the pic have been modded and smoothed.

Im a huge fan of vz tactical diamonds

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
tony, that photo make the gunners look less aggressive; those ones in the pic have been modded and smoothed.

Im a huge fan of vz tactical diamonds
You're right, the gunners are pretty aggressive (I love those grips).
That photo is just one I pulled from the net, kinda makes 'em look wimpy.

The Antichrome

VZ, Davidson, and Mil-Tac all make awesome grips.
I'd like to find a source for some polymer 'blanks' to shape and stipple some grips...anyone?

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I have a pair of old VZs I borrowed from somebody. So old they don't make the pattern anymore but they look kinda like Gunners. You can see them in the 1911 pic thread. They own.

Todd Green really likes VCD grips. They also look tactical and the price is right. I might grab a set.

The Antichrome

Like techwell?
I'll be interested in seeing them Robert.

Hogue makes a G10 grip that extends past the butt of the gun to form a magwell, but it requires their G10 MSH, and they're heavy and expensive. Mako makes a similar product, buts it looks like typical Mako stuff...airsoft quality, meh.
So this guy makes a 1911 grip that replicates a 2011 grip, with a built in magwell. Its for those guys that want their skinny 1911 to feel exactly like their 2011. He's experimenting with a version that maintains the 1911 profile. It'll be polymer for lightweight. He is making it 'unfinished' so I can stipple it myself. I'll post it up when all is said and done.

http://dsperman.com/dsperman_002.htm

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Hogue makes a G10 grip that extends past the butt of the gun to form a magwell, but it requires their G10 MSH, and they're heavy and expensive. Mako makes a similar product, buts it looks like typical Mako stuff...airsoft quality, meh.
So this guy makes a 1911 grip that repicates a 2011 grip, with a built in magwell. Its for those guys that want their skinny 1911 to feel exactly like their 2011. He's experimenting with a version that maintains the 1911 profile. It'll be polymer for lightweight. He is making it 'unfinished so I can stipple it myself. I'll post it up when all is said and done.

a little pricey but I like it

The Antichrome

The Antichrome said:
So this guy makes a 1911 grip that replicates a 2011 grip, with a built in magwell. Its for those guys that want their skinny 1911 to feel exactly like their 2011. He's experimenting with a version that maintains the 1911 profile. It'll be polymer for lightweight. He is making it 'unfinished' so I can stipple it myself. I'll post it up when all is said and done.

They arrived today. I'll post pics and mount them to a gun later. Looks good...

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Lok Grips are very good, have them on all my 1911's and on one AR, made out of G10

Tall Paul

Fanatic
VZ grips on my STI Trojan are awesome.

Attachments

• 19B4C606-FC77-4A6F-AA3D-445B5E830342.jpeg
    19B4C606-FC77-4A6F-AA3D-445B5E830342.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts