Beretta 90Two for Production

potentpoefie

Fanatic
Hi all

So I have this 90Two in 40S&W. My wife just sold of her pistol and I was wondering if I shouldn't turn the 90Two into a Production gun for her.
I have a 92 and I can just swap out the barrel and I have 9mm mags as well.

Look I know it's no Shadow 2 but the 90Two has dovetailed sights (front and back) and I was thinking of doing the following to it:
Langdon Tactical Trigger Job in a bag
Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight
Wilson Combat battlesight rear
short reset metal trigger
extended magazine release

Like I said it is no Shadow 2 or Stock 2 but would it make a good Production pistol? It is an all metal gun so it has some weight and I'm kind of fond of the Beretta 90 series pistols.

The alternative is to sell the 90Two and a Cougar 8045 and then buy a Shadow 2. Is that a better option?

potentpoefie

Fanatic
Thing is that it is a factory barrel and the only difference is the barrel. So after I've swapped who would ever know it's not a 9mm 90two?

It's not like a 92/96 thing.

The question for me is, is it a viable option or would I be better off with another gun? So who is running a Beretta these days?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Stoeger won production with a 92 of some kind, IIRC. I'm sure it can be done again with the right person running it. Guns don't get slower with age they just succumb to the new hotness and/or sponsor.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
Yep, Stoeger used the Elite II when he first started out. Only switched because they stopped making them. That’s when he moved over to the Tanfo.

Mike Seeklander runs a Beretta in production or has.

I don’t know anything about the 90-two specifically. Like Yury stated, if it’s a .40 from the factory, you can’t swap out a 9mm barrel and be legal in production. I highly doubt anyone would ever notice, but it “could” be an issue if you use it at a major match.

potentpoefie

Fanatic
Shane P said:
Yep, Stoeger used the Elite II when he first started out. Only switched because they stopped making them. That’s when he moved over to the Tanfo.

Mike Seeklander runs a Beretta in production or has.

I don’t know anything about the 90-two specifically. Like Yury stated, if it’s a .40 from the factory, you can’t swap out a 9mm barrel and be legal in production. I highly doubt anyone would ever notice, but it “could” be an issue if you use it at a major match.
Yip, I know Stoeger did. Look I guess with all matches it is the person behind the gun that makes it either win or lose but I just don't want to spend a lot of money on upgrades just to find it really sucks and I could rather have spent the extra money on a better suited gun.
But I guess I'll be in good company either way. With the option to change front and rear sights at least it can't be all bad.

Well it would be very hard to prove my 90Two didn't come factory as 9mm since they use the exact same frame (recoil buffer and all) for both the 40 and 9 versions. It's just the mags and barrels that gets swapped. So I'll take my changes. Also if it is a factory replacement barrel then it should be legal. I mean what happens if bulge your barrel and need to replace it? Same thing, no?

OK, might not be the latest hotness (cough) Shadow 2 (cough) but it will have to do. (Seeing how the Tanfo's don't really feature here in South Africa. Might be price)

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
That Beretta you have is setup nicely with all the Langdon and other stuff. I'd shoot the hell out of it. There's not a thing wrong with the spaghetti blasters.

Latest posts