Belt recommendation

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
I learn the hard way it seems, and so it went when I first started to carry. I soon found that a GOOD leather belt at 1½ inches wide and made of a fairly thick leather, can be both rigid and comfortable without the worry of my jeans dropping and getting all bunched up by my ankles.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an Ares Gear belt and an RDR gear inner outer belt. Both are well made and I have been impressed with them far.

Rusty Guns

Active Fanatic
I recently bought two belts from Yoder Leather Co. One Black, and a Dark Brown. to match my Boots. they are 1 1/2" and plenty thick to support my 1911.
It is listed as a tool belt and has white stitching. It looks nice as a dress belt or just with jeans. It has Chicago Screws to change Buckles.

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
I learn the hard way it seems, and so it went when I first started to carry. I soon found that a GOOD leather belt at 1½ inches wide and made of a fairly thick leather, can be both rigid and comfortable without the worry of my jeans dropping and getting all bunched up by my ankles.
Wanted leather too.
Found "BULLHIDE BELTS" - Ordered a 1 3/4" 1/4" thick, double prong roller buckle, secured with 4 Chicago screws.
Because, yeah, I can relate, between all the weight of an all steel govt model - enough spare mags to equal the total round count of a hi-cap 9 - in addition to the regular wallet keys knife phone flashlight work loadout . . . if the belt fails, GRAVITY is gonna do it's thing!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Do you mean your jeans aren't supposed to stack on top of your boots? I've worn mine that way for eons. LOL. I have several 1.5" belts from HBE leather, the same place I get all my holsters. Leather, just right thickness, and just the way I ordered them. They wear real well too.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Just sharing my experience here. I have two belts from JM4 Tactical that are the best gun belts I've owned. I bought a black belt from them and I was so impressed with it, I also bought a brown one.

They are a small family business from Abilene, Texas. The company recently donated $20,000 to GOA....another good reason to support them.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Do you mean your jeans aren't supposed to stack on top of your boots? I've worn mine that way for eons. LOL. I have several 1.5" belts from HBE leather, the same place I get all my holsters. Leather, just right thickness, and just the way I ordered them. They wear real well too.
Know anything about Woodland Leather Made in the USA?
[h3][/h3]

squarebale19

Well-Known Fanatic
thebeltman.net has done great with me, I own three, a 1.75,1.5, and 1.25. All have internal stiffners that help with the weight pull of my 1911's. Thanks for the other information on different leather makers. One thing I want is quality quality quality.

Attachments

• B65A17BF-EEA0-4E9E-879F-AB3ECD7BA41E.jpeg
    B65A17BF-EEA0-4E9E-879F-AB3ECD7BA41E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Rusty Guns

Active Fanatic
I found Yoder Leather co. to be a fine place for belts. They have several styles 1&1/2 by 1/4" thick Nice stitching Natural, Brown, & Black. I bought two, to go with my Boots. They use Two Chicago Screws to fasten the buckle to the belt.
Ready to go right out of the box. Best prices I could find. Much cheaper than lightweight belts everywhere else. Best Belts I have ever owned.