Barter Kings

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Its not firearm related (unless you are bartering guns) but I started watching this show and find it pretty interesting. Bartering is a good means for people to get what they need when they don't have any money but have stuff of value to trade. The key is NO CASH and ALWAYS TRADE UP

Anyone watch this show? Anyone barter?

I am going to try my hand at it and will report back. I have my first "trade up" this weekend so we will see how it goes.

I'm starting with an item that I already have so if it all goes south I don't loose anything. I don't have a "end goal" item in mind yet, but we will see how the trades progress and decide later

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I feel bad for the people getting screwed in those trades. Perhaps having a camera crew entices them to shake hands of horrible deals. For example, in one episode some guy trades two sea-doos and a trailer for a wimpy quad. WTF?!

Still, I've checked the craigslist barer page everyday since I saw the show... :umbrage:

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I need somebody with a nice camera to follow me to my next barter deal. we'll test this hypothesis out

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I feel bad for the people getting screwed in those trades. Perhaps having a camera crew entices them to shake hands of horrible deals. For example, in one episode some guy trades two sea-doos and a trailer for a wimpy quad. WTF?!
Still, I've checked the craigslist barer page everyday since I saw the show... :umbrage:

I don't feel sorry for them. If you get someone that wants what you have they will trade something of higher value to get it. That's not unfair, just fair market.

I need somebody with a nice camera to follow me to my next barter deal. we'll test this hypothesis out

Let's just carry around a fake camera that doesn't even work and tell them we are pitching a new reality show called "Barter Queens" and we hold hands the whole time. The people would get uncomfortable and give us the trade we want just to get rid of us

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
If no one hears from me after this weekend, then something went wrong at my first meet. I will take a picture of the person with my cell phone and post it here so you can at least track down my killer, if need be.

PS: If I really get killed, this thread is going to be really creepy

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
If no one hears from me after this weekend, then something went wrong at my first meet. I will take a picture of the person with my cell phone and post it here so you can at least track down my killer, if need be.

If you're meeting someone from craigslist, I suggest you meet them at their house or some other out of the way place at around 2:00 in the morning.

dennishoddy

Track him down, hell! We will just give him a "like". :D

Be carefull.