Attempted School Board Shooting

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'm sure everyone has seen the video of that idiot that started shooting at the school board meeting last night. It brings up a bunch of CCW discussion as in if any one of us with our carry gun would have been in the room we would have ended that situation very quickly. That guy obviously had zero firearms training thankfully! His 2nd shot was an AD into the floor and almost into his foot. He was shooting strong hand only and couldn't hit the people that were point blank range away from him. A lot of people see that situation as a poster child for gun control. I see it and think **** I need to be carrying all the time not just when I feel I might need to or just always have a gun in my truck.

jtischauser

Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkFMrAMI9SM

Those people are idiots in the room. He says leave after he showed the gun and they are f'ing around picking up their jackets and purses. Rule #1 if you see a gun man run away. Most people can't hit a stationary target on the range when they are standing perfectly still much less hit a moving target when they are excited.

What is the deal with the crazy old lady coming in with her purse and hitting the guy. She is brave but STUPID!

The Superintendant was pretty smooth trying to talk the guy out of doing what he was about to do.

The school security oficer don't even get me started. What did the guy do poke his head in and then haul ass to go find a gun? I guess he ended stopping the guy but then had to be taken to the hosiptal for chest pains and new underwear.

TroyF

TheBearcat
Care to guess who was assigned to all school board meetings in my jurisdiction? Took longer than I thought. Order came down by 0900.

jtischauser

Care to guess who was assigned to all school board meetings in my jurisdiction? Took longer than I thought. Order came down by 0900.

Wow! That was quick. are you gonna keep your gun in the car like the guy in the video must have?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't know Jesse, I kind of wonder if the guard was holding off waiting for him to move to the side again to get a shot with less chance of hitting the board members. There is another video out there that's about 6 minutes long and he sort of paces back and forth. This one is very edited. When the guy started shooting he kind of took that choice away from the guard. I'm sure 60 minutes and all the other "news" outlets will be interviewing him soon. We'll probably find out pretty quick.

Edit to add: I wonder what would have happened if the lady swinging the purse would have had a gun and some training to go with it? I doubt we'd be seeing any video of that...

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
The Board Chairman's lack of reaction time... The BG levels the gun... and you can count to 4 before the shots went off. I suppose there are some folks who refuse to deal with reality at whatever level is manifests itself at.

Those two guys at the end of the dias should have taken that shooter down as soon as the lady with the purse whacked the guy.

Judgemental? Monday morning quarterbacking?....Yea... but based on the lack of "reaction" I think it's warranted in this case. Those potential victims were just too calm... too unwilling to take things into their own hands (even if it was only taking cover). I'd be a lot less critical if a couple of them would have broke down pleading for their lives... no reaction at all.

jtischauser

The Board Chairman's lack of reaction time... The BG levels the gun... and you can count to 4 before the shots went off. I suppose there are some folks who refuse to deal with reality at whatever level is manifests itself at.

Those two guys at the end of the dias should have taken that shooter down as soon as the lady with the purse whacked the guy.

Judgemental? Monday morning quarterbacking?....Yea... but based on the lack of "reaction" I think it's warranted in this case. Those potential victims were just too calm... too unwilling to take things into their own hands (even if it was only taking cover). I'd be a lot less critical if a couple of them would have broke down pleading for their lives... no reaction at all.

I agree that whole situation was just lackadaisical. At first I was thinking that I could have gotten up and made a break for the door before that guy could raised the gun. Yet they sat back and tried to talk him out of whatever he was about to do. I guess it the difference between people like us that train, shoot and think about this happening to us and being ready to react and go on the offensive in a moments notice.

I just once want to see one of these deals go down with a GM USPSA shooter standing guard as the LE or Security Guard. It would probably be just as shocking to most at how quickly someone could take care of business.

ExSniper

Well-Known Fanatic
The lady with the purse is the only one in the room who refused to be a sheep. If one or two others had followed her lead it would have been over right there.
Even with an SDA license, here in Oklahoma you cannot carry to a school board meeting. Unless you are assigned to guard such a meeting, like Troy and I have been, you need to come up with an unarmed defense plan for these types of events. What would you do?

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
That situational awarness is a hard sell. Unarmed or not... as soon as someone breaks out the spray paint (kinda a dead givaway that there is a fruit cake in the room) a good unarmed response is yelling, "SECURITY".

I'd be dragging my wife down and out post-haste... but guys like me and you are "paranoid" about stuff like that.

Betcha dollars to donuts... those School Board Members have signed off on an "Active Shooter Response Training Plan" for their District's Campuses... and they have never sat through a minute of it.

Latest posts