ATF Document Yesterday

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
For reference:

http://blog.princelaw.com/2016/01/05/411-on-the-final-rule-in-relation-to-atf-41p/

The rule won't go into effect for 180 days after it's entered into the Federal Register and, if you've filed a document within the two years preceding the rule your Trust will be exempt. It's still a load of bullshit, it's just a hollow load of bullshit.

FWIW, the link doesn't provide a comprehensive review. It's only cursory. They plan on digging into and reviewing the whole document soon.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
Did Oklahoma pass the shall sign for CLEO? I read the summary and it looked like they removed the requirement for CLEO sign off, and that the trustees appointed to inherit the trust property still do so without having to pay an additional tax.

This is still a bunch of BS because people going through the process to fill out the paperwork and wait are not the ones committing the crimes.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
OK did pass "Shall Sign." This new ATF*ckstick rule removes the CLEO signature and replaces it with CLEO "notification". Essentially, they are mandating that you do something they're FORBIDDEN BY LAW FROM DOING!, i.e. disclosing tax information.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Michael Ray said:
For reference:

http://blog.princelaw.com/2016/01/05/411-on-the-final-rule-in-relation-to-atf-41p/

The rule won't go into effect for 180 days after it's entered into the Federal Register and, if you've filed a document within the two years preceding the rule your Trust will be exempt. It's still a load of bullshit, it's just a hollow load of bullshit.

FWIW, the link doesn't provide a comprehensive review. It's only cursory. They plan on digging into and reviewing the whole document soon.
So you're saying that I spent $300 to set up a trust 1½ years ago that Obama is going to dissolve with this unlawful executive order?

Edit. Never mind. I read it wrong.
I should be good to go......I think.

This is still very scary. If your school nurse thinks your son is mentally unstable because he is raging mad at the quarterback of the football team who is banging his girlfriend and wants to beat the crap out of the QB. The nurse can say that she doesn't think guns should be in the home. The same can be said if anyone in the house has any history of depression or is taking meds for depression.
I listened to part of Obama's speech this morning. He also mentioned protection of people who may want to commit suicide, by preventing them from access to guns.

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
Risks of other issues that might invalidate a trust is why all of my items have been acquired as an individual. I almost switched to a trust starting with some 2009 acquisitions. But the more I dug into it, the more these risks concerned me. Even though legal owned NFA items are almost never involved in a crime, I always wondered why the trustees of the trusts did not have to undergo the same background checks as an individual. Even though the CLEO issue was fixed in Oklahoma by legislation, I'm glad to see it is now a notification process. My biggest concern is delays due to the increased load. My most recent Form 1s and 4 smoked through the approval process in 46 (F1) and 56 (F4) days.

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been reading about some recent changes on other forums. I created a profile at the BATFE eforms website. A Form-1 was NOT an option on the website.

Anyone know if this is a temporary thing or are they going back to Paper Form-1's?