Anybody have a Judge or Governor?

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
I found an old post (2013) nothing new.
My daughter moved down to TX and now has snakes to deal with in the yard. She had two copperheads the other day in the yard. I was talking with her about maybe a 410 Judge or Governor instead of a 9mm or 45acp to widen the >1/2" pattern of a single bullet, but I have heard about some problems with the Judge and a timing of the cylinder problem. Any body have some input on the Taurus Judge or S&W Governor? 1655734131903.gif

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Over the years I have shot many of the .410 shot shell pistols & settled on a .44 special bull dog many years ago, it's light & deadly on snakes using
a .44 special shot shell you load or buy.

I like the Judges for water craft anchors they are heavy & clumsy.
Don't waste your money go light weight.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I have had one for several years. No problems. I would add though, a nice 1911 loaded with shot rounds will do the job well. Just have to hane cycle for a follow up if needed. It IS heavy though.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
I have had one for several years. No problems. I would add though, a nice 1911 loaded with shot rounds will do the job well. Just have to hane cycle for a follow up if needed. It IS heavy though.
Really!
Let me get this straight, I should tell my daughter to use ammo that will/could malfunction, instead of getting and using a Judge or Governor, that is a pistol made to function with .410 shotgun shells, that will do the job WOF(with out fail). 1655912993808.gif

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I never said that you are putting words in my mouth. All i said was that it would do the job. But not cycle. Your daughter can use anything she wants, hell, a golf club will take out a copperhead, I've done it. Really! If you already knew the answer, why did you ask for user opinions?

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
I never said that you are putting words in my mouth. All i said was that it would do the job. But not cycle. Your daughter can use anything she wants, hell, a golf club will take out a copperhead, I've done it. Really! If you already knew the answer, why did you ask for user opinions?
Read the OP. I asked
Quote:
"Any body have some input on the Taurus Judge or S&W Governor? "

what does that have to do with a 1911? and birdshot? That is not what I asked about.

Really!

Latest posts