anybody awake in stillwater right now

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
painting the picture

I am at the corner of 6th & western. I get behind a little car that I notice is a little beat up.... has a major dent in the trunk and paint is faded not glossy. We both turn to go north on western. he is driving a little slow for that road but no big deal. we both head sown and end up taking the same route that bypasses the main part of town. He is still diving slow and now we are on a 2 lane road so I cant pass. he is feathering his brakes, I can tell because his brake lights that still work are having a seizure.

We finally get to lake view and we both turn to go east. I immediatly pass him and try to get some distance in between us. When I pass he looks pretty hard into my truck, definatly not a passing glance. I get some distance, and he speeds up. He follows me down to my neighborhood. I can see that he is still behind me so I slow to see if he turns in. He does. I slow some more to see if he follows me into the end of the neighborhood where I live, he does. I hurry up and turn down my street and get into my driveway.

I have the baby sleeping in the back seat so I can't make a quick exit into the house. I decide to sit in the truck with the truck running, in reverse and the garage door still closed. He turns into my street. passes me super slow, and turns around in the circle. goes back out the way he came in but turns the other direction. I hurry, take the baby inside shut the doors and grap my pistol. I open the garage door to unload the truck with pistol at low ready and this jack hole is parked in my neighbors drive. he immediatly fires it up and backs out. and heads out of the neighbor hood.

Now I am sitthing here with one mag of 9 no shotty, no ar and stressing out. what I really want on my side right now is sitting in okarche because realtors cant lock doors.

crash217

Well-Known Fanatic
Spooky. He'll more than likely just leave. If you happened to get his tag, call the cops and tell them some drunk tried to run you off the road and he was heading in whatever direction you saw him going last. Or just explain to them the story and ask for an officer to stop by for awhile. They usually will pretty quickly and hopefully the a-hole drives by so you can point him out.

I'm even lower than you on ammo or I'd grab a coffee and head that way.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
ammo isnt an issue, spare mags was. And thanks Taymoor tor the offer on a rifle. I just realized I have a few spare mags in my BOB so that eases the mind a lil. I am actually being all tacticl timmy. I have set up so that any light coming down the road will light up my neighbors white mail box and give me fair warning.

Also the first thing I did was call the 5.0 and explained the situation and asked to be put on extra patrol. So far the only extra patrol is me.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
tonight things I have almost shot:

moth that caught my perfial

damn dogs 3 times

the neighbors air condioner

stray cat

my mailbox

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
The one thing i wont do is pull in my own drive way. You dont want that puke knowing where you live. Keep driving stay in well lit areas with lots of people( you just might have a carry buddy around you to help if something goes down) and look for a cop you can flag down or call 911 on your cell they will send 5.0 to meet you. Always tell 5.0 about the baby onboard that gets them to you fast.Cops have kids to! Its gets personal for them when kids are in danger! When its safe you can go home.

tonight things I have almost shot:

moth that caught my perfial

damn dogs 3 times

the neighbors air condioner

stray cat

my mailbox
Poor moth, never had a chance. lol

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
painting the picture

I am at the corner of 6th & western. I get behind a little car that I notice is a little beat up.... has a major dent in the trunk and paint is faded not glossy. We both turn to go north on western. he is driving a little slow for that road but no big deal. we both head sown and end up taking the same route that bypasses the main part of town. He is still diving slow and now we are on a 2 lane road so I cant pass. he is feathering his brakes, I can tell because his brake lights that still work are having a seizure.

We finally get to lake view and we both turn to go east. I immediatly pass him and try to get some distance in between us. When I pass he looks pretty hard into my truck, definatly not a passing glance. I get some distance, and he speeds up. He follows me down to my neighborhood. I can see that he is still behind me so I slow to see if he turns in. He does. I slow some more to see if he follows me into the end of the neighborhood where I live, he does. I hurry up and turn down my street and get into my driveway.

I have the baby sleeping in the back seat so I can't make a quick exit into the house. I decide to sit in the truck with the truck running, in reverse and the garage door still closed. He turns into my street. passes me super slow, and turns around in the circle. goes back out the way he came in but turns the other direction. I hurry, take the baby inside shut the doors and grap my pistol. I open the garage door to unload the truck with pistol at low ready and this jack hole is parked in my neighbors drive. he immediatly fires it up and backs out. and heads out of the neighbor hood.

Now I am sitthing here with one mag of 9 no shotty, no ar and stressing out. what I really want on my side right now is sitting in okarche because realtors cant lock doors.
Not trying to be a dick here but I'm sure you'd agree, looking back on the situation there were a few mistakes made here. First, props for paying attention & realizing you were being followed. But leading him to your house wasn't a good idea. Siting in the drive way wasn't a good idea. Freaking out & and being stressed with your pistol ready is never a good idea. I know it's easy playing monday morning quaterback, & I'm not trying to criticize you, just offer an outside perspective. On the outside looking in, I'd have drove around until I found an officer or the creep lost intrest. This would have prevented all of the things I mentioned as bad ideas.

clarkbe9980

Well-Known Fanatic
Toolbox and Wall pretty much got what I first thought when I read that. Im in my 5th year at OSU and Ive seen a lot of "trash" there. Should have just let him follow you around town while you called the cops. Once they catch up and stop him hopefully he has meth and gets arrested.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Just to report all is well at my home, thanks again for the offers and advice. Sadly to say that the request for extra patrol of my neighborhood resulted in Stillwater PD to patrol my street a total of 0, yes that is right zero, times. at least until 6am. :38:

The one thing i wont do is pull in my own drive way. You dont want that puke knowing where you live. Keep driving stay in well lit areas with lots of people( you just might have a carry buddy around you to help if something goes down) and look for a cop you can flag down or call 911 on your cell they will send 5.0 to meet you. Always tell 5.0 about the baby onboard that gets them to you fast.Cops have kids to! Its gets personal for them when kids are in danger! When its safe you can go home.

Poor moth, never had a chance. lol

I agree, I wasn't thinking about that at the time and truly regretted it pretty much immediately that I had led that person to my home. Lesson learned for future reference.

Not trying to be a dick here but I'm sure you'd agree, looking back on the situation there were a few mistakes made here. First, props for paying attention & realizing you were being followed. But leading him to your house wasn't a good idea. Siting in the drive way wasn't a good idea. Freaking out & and being stressed with your pistol ready is never a good idea. I know it's easy playing monday morning quaterback, & I'm not trying to criticize you, just offer an outside perspective. On the outside looking in, I'd have drove around until I found an officer or the creep lost intrest. This would have prevented all of the things I mentioned as bad ideas.

No dickish taken, I wish I had done that and hopefully my poor decision will help as a leaning lesson for someone else that decides to read this. there was a lot going on in my mind right then and that wasn't on the list, it should have been.

Sitting in the driveway was only becuse at that point I had already made a bad choice and commited to being at my home. I then was thinking if I need an out toting a 1 year old would not be a option and I may need to leave quick fast and in a hurry.

and the pistol was only at low ready while opening that door up the first time to "make sure" that everything was kosher while I unpacked all the diaper bags and gear. I had a sinking feeling something wasn't kosher, and that feeling was right. Once I saw him in the neighbors drive and he fired it up and began to back out. I re-holstered and called 911. The pistol stayed in the holster for the rest of the night but no doubt I was more than a little jumpy. All of those little bumps, sightings, and noises for sure make me grasp for the grip preparing to draw.

I agree completely that it all could have been prevented, just shows how one wrong decision can send everything down a more and more less winning situation.

save posts like this for OSA.
Gen Discussion forums are gay

2 things, first your gay.
Next, :sign0137: thats gross. You still visit OSA? :sign0024: I can understand that you have to go there because they send you a lot of buisness but still. I guess admittting that you go there is the first step in recovery though. besides if I wanted to be told I am an idiot every time I asked a question or ridiculed for everything I do I would just talk to my wife instead of posting on OSA.

Oh and a bonus number 3
Your still gay, its a good thing you can do amazing things with firearms. Or you may not have any friends :D

okie-carbine

Well-Known Fanatic
did you seriously call 911 because you saw a guy backing out of your neighbors driveway? is that really an emergency? you know, they do have a non emergency number to call. they never even showed up even after you called 911?

sounds like you have been watching too many scary movies.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
did you seriously call 911 because you saw a guy backing out of your neighbors driveway? is that really an emergency? you know, they do have a non emergency number to call. they never even showed up even after you called 911?

sounds like you have been watching too many scary movies.

Yes, I did. And anything that potentially puts my family at risk is an emergency. If they are willing to follow me home, circle and come back when they think I am inside and "unaware" then I cannot guess what else they are capable of. I can call 911 immediately or go inside, find the number, and call once there is no chance of a officer being able to catch up with the vehicle. And no they never showed, I didn't ask for a officer to come to the house, I requested extra or any patrol.

And as far as watching scary movies, I dont watch them. they make me paranoid. Lets put you in the same situation and see if you go look up the non emergency number or react immediately. Next days headlines "Family attacked, Father dies while searching contacts in phone" the surviving members of the family said if only he would have scrolled faster.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Go talk with some of the neighbors about the car that was in the neighborhood. Find out what is going on in your neighborhood. Don't mention the low-ready, it may not go over well and it is no body's business.

Latest posts