Ammo Prices Going Up Again

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Hmm, didn't they just leave armored vehicles, full auto rifles, drones and helicopters in Afghanistan, but we don't need guns or ammo. Yeah, sure, I trust the gubment.

Yeah, they trust the taliban, but not the US citizens.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
They did leave a lot behind..but I've read that our forces "sabotaged" much of the material, so it wasn't operational.
No way to know how true this is, or what % the were able to sabotage. I doubt that the Taliban has techs that could perform the necessary repairs or service on the equipment that was left behind, so it could be repaired to be used. No parts available to fix them either. Taliban may try to sell this material to other countries / interested parties, for their "parts" value, who knows what will happen to the equipment. This is small compensation to how I feel about what transpired.

I am still sickened by how the withdrawl was handled.. and wish our troops had blown stuff up, rather than leaving intact equipment behind.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
In our retail store, we have virtually no common hunting ammo, save some .308. However we have quite a lot of common handgun ammo in most configurations. 22 lr trickles in, this gov't makes absolutely no sense. But, hey, they are good at harvesting voters. Makes me sick

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
don't remember where I found this link, (maybe on this site in another thread ?)but this is an interesting perspective on the ammo shortage.
It seems to a very real explanation for the current " shortages"..
Here's the link

SJ 40

Fanatic
Biden banned imported ammo from Russia. Now the prices are going up again. Ammo prices remind me of gas prices. Any little thing that affects the market and prices go up.
I see where Palmetto State Armory is tooling up a ammunition manufacturing plant to produce steel cased ammunition, that may help to ease a percentage of the banned Russian imports although it won't happen over night.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
out of curiosity,I looked @ Atlantic Firearms, for this ammo.
link led me to a box of 1120 rds..price was $599.00 & was "sold out."

I noticed it's brass cased, but didn't say if it's berdan or boxer primed.

calculates to over $ .53 / rnd Happy I don't need any..
I think I paid less for the
last batch of brass cased, boxer primed, Fiocchi 7.62 X 39 I bought..so I'd have some cases to reload.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
a box of 1120 rds..price was $599.00 & was "sold out."
$599 :eek: I paid under $225.00 delivered & it's corrosive brass cased.
I thought it odd they had this surplus with all the shortages today this is just surplus military fodder that's all under .05 a round their cost.
The boxes come in handy though.