AIWB Skills and Essential Handgun Skills, Spencer Keepers, DFW April 22&23

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
AIWB Skills and Essential Handgun skills-Spencer Keepers- Dallas/Ft.Worth-22&23 April
Spencer Keepers of Awareness Defense Training for two 1 day classes.

April 22, 2017 - AIWB Skills Class
April 23, 2017 - Essential Handgun Classes

Cost: $225/per class or both for $425.00. $25.00 range fee per student.
$100.00 deposit to reserve your spot for either class or both days.

Host can be contacted at [email protected]

Course Descriptions:

Appendix Carry Skills Class

AIWB: What it is. What it isn't. How to get the most out of it safely.

This will be an 8 hour live-fire and dry-fire class that will dive deep into how to get the most out of carrying AIWB.

Topics:
  • Safety
  • Holster and gun selection
  • How to wear the holster
  • Clothing concerns
  • How to safely reholster (make sure the operator is safe)
  • Efficient and fast draw stroke
  • Retention draw stroke
  • Dominant hand only draws
  • Seated draw stroke
  • Supine draw stroke
  • Non Dominant hand only draws
  • Dominant hand only reloads
  • Non Dominant hand only reloads

Students will need:
Range gear, Ear and Eye protection
AIWB holster and OWB strong side holster ( IF you cannot demonstrate safe re-holstering you will be asked to use a OWB strong side holster)
Reliable semi auto handgun
350 rounds of ammo
3 spare mags and one mag pouch

Essential Handgun Skills Class

A one day class that will give you essential skills to take your handgun shooting to the next level and give you solid technique to practice and develop your skills. This class, like all my classes, will be taught on more of a “performance coach” style with lots of individual attention.

Topics covered.
  • Safety
  • Shooting fundamentals
  • Sights
  • Grip and how to improve it
  • Trigger control
  • Draw stroke (both AIWB and Strong Side)
  • Reloads
  • Shooting cadence and how it relates to trigger control and sight alignment

This class is fast paced and is tailored to improve your shooting skill level by giving you proven techniques that work under stress!

The techniques shown in class will help the student understand where their level is currently, how to improve their shooting, and how to improve it with a well laid out plan on practice.

We will work on how to control stress and how to inoculate yourself to stress so you can better deal with it during any event that might bring on high stress.

Safety will be covered on how it relates to an armed lifestyle.

Shooting fundamentals. Only the fundamentals matter… we will go into great detail on how to improve your fundamentals and make you a better shooter and why some of the fundamentals don't matter as much as you think they might.

Trigger Control, There are many different ways to work the trigger on a handgun, but only few work well. We will cover what I firmly believe is the best way to work a trigger!!

Sights will be explained in depth with options given to make faster shots with acceptable accuracy given the target size.

Grip is one of the most important things for shooting a handgun well! It will be explained in detail and how to improve your control of the handgun and how to improve your grip strength.
Trigger control is the KEY to shooting well and must be mastered to become a very competent shooter. We will work on several drills that will allow you to become much better at trigger control!

Draw stroke is one of my biggest pet peeves!! I see SO many good to average shooters that don’t understand that what is holding them back is their draw stroke. We will cover draw stroke in depth and how to get better and faster at it, both two handed and strong hand only.

Reloads will be covered in detail giving you the best options on how to reload the gun under stress.

Shooting cadence and speed. We will cover techniques on how to shoot at the speed needed for each target.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
If you carry appendix or are considering it, you should go to this class. See my review in a previous post about it. You'll be glad you went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts