9mm PCC

dennishoddy

Been dragging my feet on this project, but finally got my 9mm Taccom upper out and finished the lower today.
Quarter Circle 10 billet stripped lower with a Magpul ACR buttstock, Timney 3lb straight trigger, and a three way Taccom carbine length adjustable buffer.
Put 10 rounds through it in the yard. Real soft recoil. I like it!
Now for the optics.
What is the hot ticket now for a red dot?
Primary arms has been pushing a vortex Venom on sale that I've almost pulled the trigger on but thought I'd check the shooting community to see what the cool kids are running.

79439dd1567d5b2a278a637617d6b14f.jpg

985e072aae3dac0fdfed84e2262b9b99.jpg

Last edited:

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a holosun on one pcc and a eotech on another. I believe the holosun is the 510. I really like it. I will probably get another one and free up the eotech for another project.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a holosun on one pcc and a eotech on another. I believe the holosun is the 510. I really like it. I will probably get another one and free up the eotech for another project.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic

I'm using my old school slide ride on mine, big window, easy to pick up and already had it from when I upgraded my open pistola

Ron J

Fanatic
Very nice!!

I too waited for some time on getting a 9mm Carbine and after looking at the SIGs and CZ products, I picked up a CMMG Banshee "pistol". I have a Trijicon MRO green dot on top along with a Crimson Trace Rail Master light/laser. Gun is so much fun to shoot.

Attachments

• CMMG Banshee.jpg
    CMMG Banshee.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I do not own a centerfire PCC, I do own a 1522 .22LR, and the 2 or 3 PCC's in 9mm that I have shot feel almost identical to the .22LR as far as recoil goes. I just haven't gotten one yet.

dennishoddy

It's a whole lot of fun since getting the Walmart close out of 9 mm ammo recently. 5200 rounds of 115 grain 9mm fun in the ammo bunker now.

Dancer4Life

Long Live The Republic, God Bless America!
I have been looking at the Sigs 9mm carbine.
Been dragging my feet on this project, but finally got my 9mm Taccom upper out and finished the lower today.
Quarter Circle 10 billet stripped lower with a Magpul ACR buttstock, Timney 3lb straight trigger, and a three way Taccom carbine length adjustable buffer.
Put 10 rounds through it in the yard. Real soft recoil. I like it!
Now for the optics.
What is the hot ticket now for a red dot?
Primary arms has been pushing a vortex Venom on sale that I've almost pulled the trigger on but thought I'd check the shooting community to see what the cool kids are running.

79439dd1567d5b2a278a637617d6b14f.jpg

985e072aae3dac0fdfed84e2262b9b99.jpg
Wow, that is one nice looking rifle. I have been thing about getting into the 9mm carbines as well. We will see how it goes.

dennishoddy

I have been looking at the Sigs 9mm carbine.

Wow, that is one nice looking rifle. I have been thing about getting into the 9mm carbines as well. We will see how it goes.
What's interesting is that I was working on it tonight. For whatever reason, the bolt started jamming to the rear and staying there. I'd have to just easily bump the barrel to release whatever was holding it back, but it was a single shot. Found out I could really jam it into the shoulder and it would fire just fine.
I saw some wear marks on the back of the bolt and decided it had to be an out of spec buffer tube. Grabbed a spanner and started to remove the buffer nut. Moved it a tiny bit, and decided to test it.
Worked great! No more jamming. Dumped two hi cap mags in the berm in the back yard with zero issues.
Never heard of over torquing a buffer tube nut, but just releasing it a tad worked.