9mm major loads

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I'm running 124 grain Montana Gold FMJ's over 8.0 grains of True Blue at 1.185 aol... I just got my open gun and this is the load that has been running it. So far I've been very happy with this and will be shooting 2 matches using this ammo this weekend.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I ran this load last weekend with good results. I was also able to chrono this setup today and it was making 165-167 pf. I'm checking into the powder with regard to temperature sensitivity. A little tweaking might be in order.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Rusty, contact Jay Mackey... he will have all the info logged. It will save you tons of time.

Thanks Lance... I'm mostly sure that's exacly where the data that I'm using came from. I'll contact him at some point though. The gun is running fine and making major so it;s not too big deal, but I want some advice before I change anything, lol...

He he first started shooting 9 major he bought numerous varients of powder and bullets. Tested everything and settled on true blue with cartridge pressures in mind.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Rusty, contact Jay Mackey... he will have all the info logged. It will save you tons of time.

Thanks Lance... I'm mostly sure that's exacly where the data that I'm using came from. I'll contact him at some point though. The gun is running fine and making major so it;s not too big deal, but I want some advice before I change anything, lol...

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I talked to Jay via email and the load data that I listed orginally is what he recomends, which only makes sense since that's where Jake got the data. Jay did mention that the load varied from batch to batch of powder. Also per Jay and Jake, carefull attention to every detail of the reloading process is key to getting good results from open guns in 9mm major. I will be bumping this load up 1/10th of a grain at a time until I'm happy with the power factor. As things stand I am very happy with the performance of this ammo but would feel better with a slightly higher PF.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I saw that on Enos the other day... That's a great resource for someone that isn't loading their own ammo. I'm still happy with the ammo I'm loading and it's a ton cheaper.

I'm loading 9mm Major ammo for about $180 per thousand.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
B.S. DuBois said:
I hear around 7.0-7.1 of Autocomp with 124JHPs is a pretty good load. I plan to test this next week.
I know it's an old thread, but looking for a 9 major load myself, and wanting to use Autocomp since I have 20#'s of it. Did you end up settling on this load or switch it up? I've been shooting 40 major for a couple of years, and am switching to 9 major.

Latest posts