Shots fired:: 20

Avg fps:: 890 fps (130 Power Factor)

Hi:: 922 fps (135 Power Factor)

Low:: 868 fps (127 Power Factor)

ES:: 53

SD:: 15.6

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like a good load and combination. Never used 231 for the 147gr bullets. How do you like it?

If you feel like trying a different load you might try WSF, AA2, VV320, solo 1000. The last 3 are faster powders and WSF is a mid burn which would give lower pressures.

Thanks for sharing and interested to know how you like it and how it runs your gun.

What was your COAL and your crimp?

Mac MacDonald

GunZoo
Sounds like a good load and combination. Never used 231 for the 147gr bullets. How do you like it?

If you feel like trying a different load you might try WSF, AA2, VV320, solo 1000. The last 3 are faster powders and WSF is a mid burn which would give lower pressures.

Thanks for sharing and interested to know how you like it and how it runs your gun.

What was your COAL and your crimp?

I just mixed this up the past week. I load my ammo on a Dillon 650 and heard this powder meters very well in it and, after my first round of loading it is true. It is also a cleaner powder. Another thing I like is that it only fills up about 45% of the case. Up until now I have been using Solo 1000 which filled up a good bit of the case and threw powder everywhere on my 650 (yes, i clipped the coil to decrease the "snap" of the auto-indexer but it still throws powder all over the place).

After shooting it yesterday I will say it is "snappier" than my Solo 1000 loads of comparable fps. In my initial test it seems to be more accurate than the Solo 1000. I run it on a 11lb ISMI recoil spring and no issues so far. My COAL, for this load, is 1.12"

I'm running this load in a match Saturday so this will be the first real test. I'll post an update after the match.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I just mixed this up the past week. I load my ammo on a Dillon 650 and heard this powder meters very well in it and, after my first round of loading it is true. It is also a cleaner powder. Another thing I like is that it only fills up about 45% of the case. Up until now I have been using Solo 1000 which filled up a good bit of the case and threw powder everywhere on my 650 (yes, i clipped the coil to decrease the "snap" of the auto-indexer but it still throws powder all over the place).

After shooting it yesterday I will say it is "snappier" than my Solo 1000 loads of comparable fps. In my initial test it seems to be more accurate than the Solo 1000. I run it on a 11lb ISMI recoil spring and no issues so far. My COAL, for this load, is 1.12"

I'm running this load in a match Saturday so this will be the first real test. I'll post an update after the match.
Do the bearing and washer mod on top of your shellplate. I did that, clipped one coil and promptly had to grab a new spring out of my spare parts kit. I've found that no clipping is required if you adjust it down to just barely snug. A very very slight drag stops the snapping and the full spring still lets it index perfectly for primer seating. It works wonderfully.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Do the bearing and washer mod on top of your shellplate. I did that, clipped one coil and promptly had to grab a new spring out of my spare parts kit. I've found that no clipping is required if you adjust it down to just barely snug. A very very slight drag stops the snapping and the full spring still lets it index perfectly for primer seating. It works wonderfully.

Words of wisdom.

Mac MacDonald

GunZoo

I like learning. It's fun for the whole family. Thanks for the great info.

I'll try this very soon as I just broke the indexing ring on my press and will be disassembling it this weekend.

Keep the load info coming...new reloader soaking it all in over here

Thank you everyone

Latest posts