.45 brass with small primers

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
People will buy it from you if you have enough quantity.

Lots of us don't have a need to keep LPP on hand for small quantities of 45, just letting you guys know it's worth keeping around until you have a few K.

Bubber

Well-Known Fanatic
The small primer pocket 45 are the NT (Non Toxic) usually used in training facilities and indoors . I believe it cuts down of the lead polutant and stuff from the regular primers. It works for the 45 revo but I reccomend using Federal Small Magnum Primers. Run of the mill small primers don't quite give you the velocities with the same powder charge but the Magnum does. YMMV. later rdd

ETA and only use them for Moonclipped Revolvers so you get all the brass back and nobody shooitng an Auto will have to worry about getting your brass mixed up with theirs, they say it is such a PTA "finding" one while reloading. :)

Kenny B.

Fanatic
I'm glad I saw this thread from a long time ago. Just before the pandemic hit full-throttle, I made an on-line purchase of a thousand once-fired .45 acp rounds. Good thing I did the recommended procedure of inspecting the cases before loading them onto my Dillon Square Deal press. Prior to this purchase, I never saw small primers in a .45 acp casing. Good info here. Glad I joined!

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm glad I saw this thread from a long time ago. Just before the pandemic hit full-throttle, I made an on-line purchase of a thousand once-fired .45 acp rounds. Good thing I did the recommended procedure of inspecting the cases before loading them onto my Dillon Square Deal press. Prior to this purchase, I never saw small primers in a .45 acp casing. Good info here. Glad I joined!
I found out the hard way in a 650 Dillon.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I've sorted out many spp blazer in 45auto, it sucks to be primering along, then wtf? Fortunately have never had one go off, but still I hate the possibility. 45auto= LPP. 38super= SPP

Kenny B.

Fanatic
It was a real surprise to see SPP's in .45 casings. Out of the thousand once-fired casings I purchased, approximately half had the small primers. Fortunately, I still have a good supply of both sizes. I was out of shooting handguns and rifles for a long time. Skeet, trap and sporting clays were my shooting interests for many years. Now that those shooting venues are somewhat drying up here in San Diego County, CA, it's good to have the good old rifle/handgun options at hand.

Latest posts