.40 S&W Bear Creek major load

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Beak Creek bullets are moly coated lead. I've used them for a little while with no leading. They're about $44/500 for the .40 caliber 180 grain flat points. They're close to lead prices but much cheaper than the Montana Golds I was loading previously.

I use mixed brass resized with a Redding GR-X die, 4.35 grains Titegroup and CCI SPPs. I get 940-950 fps with them to make major with a little cushion. There's some smoke, but not too bad. I need to order some more of these bullets.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
How is their availability? I'm loading for minor PF, and having a lot of tumbling issues with cast your own. Not to mention all the Alox in the seating die.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
BobS761 said:
How is their availability? I'm loading for minor PF, and having a lot of tumbling issues with cast your own. Not to mention all the Alox in the seating die.
Keep in mind this is a sample size of one, but when I called him he had them instock and shipped them to me within a week. It's a one man operation and he can be hard to get ahold of. I just called several times one morning until he answered. They don't have a website so you can't check product availability online.

This price list is two years old and is not current pricing. The bullets I ordered were listed at $40.75 and I think I paid $44.25. It does, though, help you see what they offer and get an idea of pricing.

BearCreekBulletandPriceListNEW8162011.jpg

Latest posts