.22lr suppressor host

AKjosh12

Well-Known Fanatic
Pain in the butt to find the good stuff (subsonic rounds) up here.. Maybe they'll start coming back in stock within the next few months? Took a while just for the standard .22lr to hit shelves so we'll see.

Anyone here using a subsonic cleaning device to get all the gunk out their suppressors or just cleaning the junk out of them after each use?

Willfully armed

Fanatic
Fwiw, I just picked up 1k Aguila subs last night at cabelas for 3.99/bx. Had them price match Academy.com

10/22 ran them perfectly. Sig didn't, but needed lines at the same time...so

AKjosh12

Well-Known Fanatic
Damn... You guys suck heh. Closest cabelas or bass pro is a 10 hour round trip on a good day. That's if they even have it in stock?

Love my 10/22's they NEVER fail and you can run the crap out of em'.

Willfully armed

Fanatic
Jackary said:
Does that thing actually cycle subsonic ammo.

Mine turns into a single shot.
Runs everything I put through it. I keep it clean and lines, otherwise it begins to hiccup. Im actually very impressed with it.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
Maybe it was just the ammo I tried in mine but they wouldn't fully cycle the bolt on my Ruger.

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
Neat thread, thought I'd give it a BUMP! As was mentioned above, I also use my Ruger Mark III 22/45 as a suppressor host. I made it a personal quest to get this pistol to shoot and cycle CCI Quiet 710 FPS .22 Long Rifle rounds. I even went so far as to butcher up a factory steel Ruger bolt to try and get it as light in weight as possible, yet not so light that it would come apart during the cycling process:

8bMy0aw.jpg

I milled and drilled metal away on this bolt to the point where I was able to reduce the weight by 2 ounces. Even went with a lighter recoil spring in my attempts. The bolt was still too heavy.
Then, I got ahold of a "prototype bolt" made from titanium that weighs less than half of what the factory Ruger Mark steel pistol bolts weigh. That did the trick, and now I can shoot CCI Quiet in all 4 of its iterations with full cycling of all that type of ammunition:

YVP4SsL.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Neat thread, thought I'd give it a BUMP! As was mentioned above, I also use my Ruger Mark III 22/45 as a suppressor host. I made it a personal quest to get this pistol to shoot and cycle CCI Quiet 710 FPS .22 Long Rifle rounds. I even went so far as to butcher up a factory steel Ruger bolt to try and get it as light in weight as possible, yet not so light that it would come apart during the cycling process:

8bMy0aw.jpg

I milled and drilled metal away on this bolt to the point where I was able to reduce the weight by 2 ounces. Even went with a lighter recoil spring in my attempts. The bolt was still too heavy.
Then, I got ahold of a "prototype bolt" made from titanium that weighs less than half of what the factory Ruger Mark steel pistol bolts weigh. That did the trick, and now I can shoot CCI Quiet in all 4 of its iterations with full cycling of all that type of ammunition:

YVP4SsL.jpg

Who makes the titanium bolt?