.22lr suppressor host

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Need a reliable .22lr pistol for a suppressor host. I'm prolly gonna put a dot on it.

What do you think?

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
Hard to beat the 22/45. Wonder if anyone has ever threaded a hunter model or if its possible. That would be cool.

dennishoddy

59nolimit said:
Hard to beat the 22/45. Wonder if anyone has ever threaded a hunter model or if its possible. That would be cool.
I shoot steel with a Hunter. There is plenty of meat at the muzzle to be threaded before it gets to the fluting.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I have the M&P-22 pistol paired with my AAC Element can. It has been super reliable with any ammo I run through it. As long as I don't put too much lubricant on the pistol itself to gum it up, it's done great. I think it even sounds quieter than my Ruger Mkwhatever.

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
MKIII 22/45
I have a threaded one with a dot if you wanna give it a go.
Sounds like a mandate.
Wormydog1724 said:
I have the M&P-22 pistol paired with my AAC Element can. It has been super reliable with any ammo I run through it. As long as I don't put too much lubricant on the pistol itself to gum it up, it's done great. I think it even sounds quieter than my Ruger Mkwhatever.
That's the can imma talking bout too

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
And with the Volquartsen trigger... nice.
It's nice but a little rough. Some dude on this forum installed it then dumped the gun in a trade to a gunsmith. So that tells me it prolly gonna take a **** in me.

ron

New Fanatic
Had a 22/45 with suppressor, great gun suppressed, I found it a pain to take apart and clean. The new models are sweet. Seems they solved the disassembly/reassembly issues.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I've been using my M&P-22 pistol for a long ass time now. I compared it to my Ruger and to me the M&P sounded a little quieter (due to the action I suppose). I like it because I can put my thumb over the back of the slide to keep it from cycling and then it's really quiet, movie quiet.
I have an AAC Element suppressor for the can, it does great on short barrels, really didn't sound that good on my 16" NC-22 upper.

Jon9116

Fanatic
I took my grandpas hand me down mark II to class 3 machining in Dallas and chopped the barrel down to 4" and threw on my Mask HD. It jams from time to time and is a pain to clean

Willfully armed

Fanatic
I've run several mosquitos, a Walther p22, a few ruger MK3, and now I've settled on a Sig 1911-22. This 1911 isn't accurate as you'd expect from 1911s, but it feeds most anything and has been trouble free.

Soon, I'll thread a mk2 target and settle on that.

The p22 fed rather well, but accuracy just wasn't there.

Both of my mosquitos ran very well, despite the endless trouble most experience with them.

The mk3 22/45 sucked. Absolutely garbage trigger, and the bolt would open prematurely, allowing report from the chamber.

AKjosh12

Well-Known Fanatic
Really like the Ruger SR22 with Twin Tech threaded barrel. Not sure why but it's the pistol I'm most accurate with. Seems like the longer trigger pull is easier for me. Love these little plinkers, does not seem like you're burning cash after a day at the range.

Latest posts