1st ICORE match of the year

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
First ICORE match of the year will be here in two weeks. It seems like forever since I shot with Bubber, the Gobers, Chris, the Miller clan, Carl and all the rest of the guys. I wonder if Roger, from the dark side of the force, Reid will make another appearance. Is John healed up and stronger than ever? Does Harold have enough game to take it all? Will it be the two new Mikes, Stan or the postmaster? Will JT figure out that ICORE is a different game than USPSA and shoot accordingly? I guess time will tell. I'm eager to find out.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Harold said he won't make the saturday matches. Apparently he was burning vacation days to shoot with us. I won't be there unless it dries up.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
as a matter of fact i have been seriously thinking about selling my 627 and not shooting icore again. I wasn't happy about the fact we reduced our matched to 6 a year, that's if no major matches fall on that weekend... so it could be less. and not to mention the lack of support on a regional level.. i have no desire to drive to California just to shoot at a competitive icore match. I probably will not renew my membership either.

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
I struggled with the same decision, but did renew my membership. I don't know all the details, but you've heard the same scuttlebutt that I heard about match directors and range owners having strong disagreements that dissolve partnerships. Is this the result of action shooting in general becoming too commercialized? Is commercialized a word? Will USPSA, ICORE, IDPA, 3 Gun Nation become similar to NASCAR where only those with enough sponsor stickers to cover their entire body will be able to play? Will there ever be an ugly female country singer?

ChrisC

Revolver Division
its really hard to say. i was hoping for a southern regional.... im just sort of sore that i have 2k invested in a revo that is really only good for icore since i don't care for steel challenge.

Chambers

actual GM
Javier, from now on all your posts have to consist completely of questions! :lol:

I want to play wheel guns with you guys. Give me a few months...

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
Javier, from now on all your posts have to consist completely of questions! :lol:

Hurry up! I think revolver is one of those things that you will either love or hate. How many questions am I allowed per post?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic

No need to wait. I have plenty. 6" L frame, 4" M66, 4" GP100, 4" 625. Though I'll be shooting the 625 most likely. Just get some ammo, a holster, speedloaders and stuff as I'm kinda light on those for ICORE. You can at least try it out for a taste.

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
Less than a week to go. My revolver is shooting pretty good, since I got it back from Carmoney. I hope I don't let it down.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Less than a week to go. My revolver is shooting pretty good, since I got it back from Carmoney. I hope I don't let it down.
How do you like the action? Did you get the "full hammer chop". I'm thinking about having him do mine, my 625 has got a serious "hitch" at the start of the trigger pull. Feels like stuff is grinding and popping inside. Nothing really wrong, it's just the cylinder stop doing it's thing, and it's pretty smooth after all this happens, but it's distracting. I think they put an really stout spring in it.

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
How do you like the action? Did you get the "full hammer chop". I'm thinking about having him do mine, my 625 has got a serious "hitch" at the start of the trigger pull. Feels like stuff is grinding and popping inside. Nothing really wrong, it's just the cylinder stop doing it's thing, and it's pretty smooth after all this happens, but it's distracting. I think they put an really stout spring in it.

I like the action very much. It is consistent through the entire pull. The size of the hammer is insane. It really seems to help. I was stuck on how bad a revolver without a hammer spur looks, but I can see the benefit in the performance. I should have listened to the good advice I received from others sooner. You can try mine at the next match.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Will JT figure out that ICORE is a different game than USPSA and shoot accordingly? I guess time will tell. I'm eager to find out.

I should probably read up on the scoring. I think this stuff is like IDPA on steroids. If you miss the center of the tombsotne they really sock it too you. :blink:

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just posted a match announcement in the match announcement forum. If one of you guys wants to take the lead on that it woudl be great. Feel free to post an announcement anytime before the match is coming up. The sonner the better in my opinion. It gets the word our more.

Bubber

Well-Known Fanatic
Chris G. let me know that this match will probably play to my strengths. So who is bringing the ribs? :rolleyes: I can't tell what evil works in Chris's mind but it should be a hootanahalf. See you guys there later rdd

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
I wish I had some strengths, so Chris could design a match around them.

Carl Frazier

Active Fanatic
its really hard to say. i was hoping for a southern regional.... im just sort of sore that i have 2k invested in a revo that is really only good for icore since i don't care for steel challenge.
Why don't you care for steel shooting?

Latest posts